1. Welcome to Hvacproforums, an interactive community exclusively for HVAC professionals. The collective years of HVAC experience and the knowledge our forum members share make this an invaluable resource for those in the HVAC industry. We have a lot of fun, but make no mistake, we are pros. Hvacproforums is self supporting ...there are NO advertisers here. Do-it-yourselfers and Homeowners are encouraged to seek information elsewhere. Those involved in the HVAC industry are urged to register. its 100% free and easy, Once registered you will have access to the technical forums, Be sure to click over to the new members forum and introduce yourself after registering!

10 ton danfoss compressor failure

Discussion in 'Commercial' started by jamesyarbrough, Oct 9, 2017.

1. iceout70

iceout70 New Member

Did you ask the installer if he put his gauges on and checked rotation. Or did he braze it pull a vacuum add refer hit the switch and run?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Anita sannich likes this.
  2. Rather B Riding

Rather B Riding Behind bars

Running backwards is just an assumption. It's a good guess I'll give him that but you don't know what killed the first one. It could be a oil return problem or a number of other things that took it out. This is a good example of why you check pressures, amp loads, and make sure everything is right before you call it done. Scrolls don't always sound that bad when they're running backwards. I've had at least a few I thought were running properly till I looked a the gagues.

Ballvalve79 likes this.
  3. jamesyarbrough

jamesyarbrough Amateur Gynecologist

Yep gotta cover your ass