1. Welcome to Hvacproforums, an interactive community exclusively for HVAC professionals. The collective years of HVAC experience and the knowledge our forum members share make this an invaluable resource for those in the HVAC industry. We have a lot of fun, but make no mistake, we are pros. Hvacproforums is self supporting ...there are NO advertisers here. Do-it-yourselfers and Homeowners are encouraged to seek information elsewhere. Those involved in the HVAC industry are urged to register. its 100% free and easy, Once registered you will have access to the technical forums, Be sure to click over to the new members forum and introduce yourself after registering!

50 Degree Room

Discussion in 'Commercial' started by mike1020, Dec 7, 2017.

1. pintofstout

pintofstout New Member

Nobody gonna call me out on this? Was just rereading what i wrote and.... Not so sure that's accurate on a positive displacement pump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. pintofstout

pintofstout New Member

.... Double posted....

3. crackertech

crackertech assholiness *

Ok your full of shit:D

4. pintofstout

pintofstout New Member

i think you might be right

oroy54 likes this.
  5. oroy54

oroy54 New Member

Pinto, nothing ventured, nothing gained. You can't always go by what the goofs say. But stay close to them.

6. pintofstout

pintofstout New Member

oh i can take it, believe me. Thick skin. 6, 8 inches in some places.

7. frozensolid

frozensolid Psychologist's Dream

I thought you meant pressure ratio.

8. pintofstout

pintofstout New Member

i did but saying "by denying it back pressure", i think that's irrelevant on a recip as it relates to amperage. I mean heat yes, actual amperage I'm not so sure.

9. frozensolid

frozensolid Psychologist's Dream

Suction pressure will have direct relationship. You would think that higher pressure, higher amps. Lower pressure, lower amps but not always true. Condensing Temp/Pressure plays a part here. The work is, compression till discharge valve opens. Higher condenser pressure more work.

But it really is impossible to calculate without seeing the compressor envelope and operating chart.

10. pintofstout

pintofstout New Member

yeah well what i was originally getting at was the high lift/high amp correlation that exists in centrifugal compressors. Like, where the back pressure is actually helping the motor push.

When i reread my post i thought wait a minute....on a recip? I'm not so sure.