1. Welcome to Hvacproforums, an interactive community exclusively for HVAC professionals. The collective years of HVAC experience and the knowledge our forum members share make this an invaluable resource for those in the HVAC industry. We have a lot of fun, but make no mistake, we are pros. Hvacproforums is self supporting ...there are NO advertisers here. Do-it-yourselfers and Homeowners are encouraged to seek information elsewhere. Those involved in the HVAC industry are urged to register. its 100% free and easy, Once registered you will have access to the technical forums, Be sure to click over to the new members forum and introduce yourself after registering!

Above the ceiling

Discussion in 'Commercial' started by Texas-Tech, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Rather B Riding

Rather B Riding Behind bars

That's way better than I put it. I thought it was more like " I f..ked up but I fixed it so we're good here right?"

2. NZ All Blacks Fan

NZ All Blacks Fan Just Another swinging Dick

I have 1 building with 58 another building with 110 they range from 9k to 120k btus
    brands mquay ( I hate) florida heatpump (I hate) carrier climate mater and Trane ( I like)
    access varies from great to truly sucks donkey balls
    I will be picking up a third and forth building soon.

funny story: heritage building dt Vancouver 6 stories front elevator and back service elevator light well built around 1910
    retro fitted with splits 4 per floor. get a call sewer/foul smell from the washrooms throughout part of the 4th floor. I get on site and meet the contact person she pissed and talks loudly walking through the office blaming the men for the disgusting odours so I said let me check into it and I'll let you know. I wander around and soon figure the issue ahu in the ceiling of the womans washroom - poke my head up there find the duct fell off the e fan so I repair it and then try to leave but the loud woman catches me in the middle of the office demanding to know the cause of the stench so I tell her quite loudly what happened some one had a particularly strongly odoured bowel movement in the womans washroom and the ahu picked up the smells and redistributed them through the office. you coulda heard a pin drop as I left. Dudes in the office whispered thanks man as I was leaving

Catpower and knave like this.
  3. Anita sannich

Anita sannich Exceptionally average

X2

4. pintofstout

pintofstout New Member

I wanted to do controls so bad, finally we started a controls division. So far is just me....

Careful what you wish for. Everything is in the freaking ceiling. It's a sinister and cutthroat world above those tiles where if the sparkies can't figure out how to screw ya, the plumbers will. They compete against each other to see who can screw the hvac guys the most. Even says in their prints "may need to relocate to properly screw hvac, run flush against control panel access"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Jon

Jon Team Canada

I'm glad I mostly hang out in grocery stores :D

mike1020 likes this.
  6. Catpower

Catpower The Crowd Pleaser

I would have let the ****er sweat

Then show him my assortment of big blue wire nuts:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Rather B Riding likes this.
  7. pintofstout

pintofstout New Member

One of my controls accounts is a courthouse, where the judge is always freezing. We have had some very uncomfortable conversations, where he doesn't understand how his secretaries space heater is making him cold. He's the one who asked if i know how ridiculous i sound, i posted about it here i think. And the woman said their paying me to fix this stuff and if i can't do it because of a space heater then they need to get someone else.

So, i pled not guilty to the speeding ticket i got heading outta town....

When i took the stand he started to ask how i look familiar, then just shifted gears and asked about the origin of my name, if i know what part of Ireland it comes from, if I've ever been there.... Then he dismissed the ticket

I don't think he ever fully connected that i was that heating guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
  8. Zman

Zman Hanging by a Thread

I Glad I mostly Hang out in front of Grocery Stores, holding out an empty tin cup.:alcy:

9. Rather B Riding

Rather B Riding Behind bars

I ran into one of the filters only guy on another job. He said he changes filters on the WSHPs in that building. Then he asked if I remember when they added on to the building and we're doing drywall on the new addition. I told him of coarse I've been taking care of the building for 7 or 8 years. He proceeded to tell me that during that time he was changing filter media just like always. He just Yanks the old media off the unit puts another piece on and off to the next. Only this time he's on the ladder with his head in the ceiling and someone taps him on the leg. It's the bailiff. Takes him into the court room with court in session were the Judge demanded that he apologized to the court for all the drywall dust that came flying into the courtroom or he would fine him in contempt.

10. Daryl_Dixon

Daryl_Dixon New Member

****. That.

Rather B Riding likes this.
  11. Daryl_Dixon

Daryl_Dixon New Member

I would demand he apologize for scheduling maintenance during business hours.

Just kidding.

No I wouldn't have.

12. Chuck

Chuck SSP

I have dropped the units down before to change the compressor on the bench

13. Anita sannich

Anita sannich Exceptionally average

Sounds like that Judge needs to get laid, what a grouchy bastard.

Catpower, Rather B Riding and Zman like this.
  14. Zman

Zman Hanging by a Thread

What Goes on Behind the Robe,stays Behind the Robe.

Catpower likes this.
  15. Catpower

Catpower The Crowd Pleaser

That coke sacker would have more problems with his shit then he ever expected