1. Welcome to Hvacproforums, an interactive community exclusively for HVAC professionals. The collective years of HVAC experience and the knowledge our forum members share make this an invaluable resource for those in the HVAC industry. We have a lot of fun, but make no mistake, we are pros. Hvacproforums is self supporting ...there are NO advertisers here. Do-it-yourselfers and Homeowners are encouraged to seek information elsewhere. Those involved in the HVAC industry are urged to register. its 100% free and easy, Once registered you will have access to the technical forums, Be sure to click over to the new members forum and introduce yourself after registering!

Adjustable O-Ring Sizes

Discussion in 'Tools and Test Equip' started by QuickRick, Feb 11, 2018.

1. QuickRick

QuickRick Proud to be a Deplorable

Guys

I saw this video on YouTube where this guy cuts and pieces o rings back together with superglue. He uses baking sprinkled on top to hurry the drying process.

Actually that is a cool.idea if it works and he claims manufacturers allow it as a fix.

Anyone do this regularly?

QR

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  2. Sdeery

Sdeery Machinist in training

Stephen Cox? There are O ring kits like that at work, I would have to ask the maintenance department if they really work.

sdeery

3. flange

flange Act like you care and do SOMETHING!!

4. crackertech

crackertech assholiness *

5. coldsnap

coldsnap -20 on the money

One of the hardware stores in town has something just like that. I've used it a few times over the years. They told me you don't want to use spliced o rings in extreme temperature or pressure applications.