1. Welcome to Hvacproforums, an interactive community exclusively for HVAC professionals. The collective years of HVAC experience and the knowledge our forum members share make this an invaluable resource for those in the HVAC industry. We have a lot of fun, but make no mistake, we are pros. Hvacproforums is self supporting ...there are NO advertisers here. Do-it-yourselfers and Homeowners are encouraged to seek information elsewhere. Those involved in the HVAC industry are urged to register. its 100% free and easy, Once registered you will have access to the technical forums, Be sure to click over to the new members forum and introduce yourself after registering!

AnnexAir wire sizing

Discussion in 'Commercial' started by LemonWizard, Sep 8, 2017.

1. LemonWizard

LemonWizard Blinky Lights Wizard

Does this seem odd to anyone else or am I just not used to Canadian engineering?

The unit I'm redoing the controls on has this for a condensing unit, it's powered by a 15A breaker in the unit so this is factory designed. Compressors are 3phase.

Power leads into the condensing unit are 12 awg aluminium.

Unit has had 'phase loss monitor' issues from the day it was installed. I'm wondering if it isn't just picking up a voltage drop maybe when both compressors start at the same time.

Unit is in the middle of being recontrolled so I can't test anything for a few days.

20170908_131249.jpg

2. pecmsg

pecmsg Junior my ASS

With both Comp trying to start at the same time I'll bet you show low voltage.

Time for a time delay

LemonWizard and jettinvr6sc like this.
  3. LemonWizard

LemonWizard Blinky Lights Wizard

And not really a wiring question but is it normal for annex air to design their units with blowers at 80+Hz?

I swear every single one in this building is like this and the smaller the motor the louder it is.

:headscratch:

Attached Files:

4. flange

flange Act like you care and do SOMETHING!!

we have seen units running as high as 97 hertz on the blower motors. those wheels can be more efficient when running at higher rpms. one thing you need to be careful of is that you are not surging. you will see vibration and or noise if it is. when they surge it doesn't show up like on a centrifugal chiller as a very distinct noise.

LemonWizard and crackertech like this.
  5. crackertech

crackertech assholiness *

X2