1. Welcome to Hvacproforums, an interactive community exclusively for HVAC professionals. The collective years of HVAC experience and the knowledge our forum members share make this an invaluable resource for those in the HVAC industry. We have a lot of fun, but make no mistake, we are pros. Hvacproforums is self supporting ...there are NO advertisers here. Do-it-yourselfers and Homeowners are encouraged to seek information elsewhere. Those involved in the HVAC industry are urged to register. its 100% free and easy, Once registered you will have access to the technical forums, Be sure to click over to the new members forum and introduce yourself after registering!

anyone out there playing with

Discussion in 'Refrigeration' started by flange, Jun 6, 2017.

1. flange

flange Act like you care and do SOMETHING!!

2. chesty puller

chesty puller New Member

Wow, just looked at link and anything inverter gives me a headache! Kinda reminds me of the ductless Fujitsu. Pain in the a....! Let me know how they pan out...

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

3. pecmsg

pecmsg Junior my ASS

pain or not you'd better learn them or get left behind!

4. MOFO the psychic gorilla

MOFO the psychic gorilla sitting on two achers

How's the warranty on that?
    With new stuff there's always something they effed up or forgot.

5. frozensolid

frozensolid Psychologist's Dream

If you are going to take care of these in critical cooling applications and there is no redundancy on the site. Prepare to tell your customer they will need to buy spare parts in advance to prevent down time. Likely big $$$ So put it on them before they blame you. Why should you carry Big $$ inventory? Even when supply houses with parts are readily available we all know how often you hear "oops its back ordered at the factory maybe in a week we will have it." Inverter stuff ain't cheap yet. I have no personal experience with these but I know the game.

Like Paul said get on the bus or get left in the dust.

mike1020 likes this.
  6. flange

I haven't sold any yet, they are very new to the marketplace I hear. I do, however, embrace new technology. It has made us a lot of money. We are very frank in letting customers know the good, bad and ugly, which we are then knowledgeable about. The thing is, certain customers are goal oriented and energy is a big factor. Variable speed anything sells jobs with rebates from utilities. Repairs come out of a separate budget. One of the biggest issues we see is power quality being a factor. Anything with a logic board and inverter is like royal auto.....sensitive.

7. Terry Watkins

Terry Watkins New Member

Same question. What is the warranty?

8. What's the warranty?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. knave

knave Undeterred

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. LemonWizard

LemonWizard Blinky Lights Wizard

Looks like a good location for the compressor. Guaranteed someone will drive a wrench into the coil eventually.

11. Rather B Riding

Rather B Riding Behind bars

The stuff is coming into the industry way too fast for me. I was hoping to retire or move into a less labor intensive job before this stuff got popular.

12. newtech

newtech 636

What Mod was up at 8:16am??? :D

13. crackertech

crackertech assholiness *

:dunno: I slept in until 4:30 am this morning

14. flange

I think of things the other way. get a guy or two trained on the new technology, embrace it, and make more money. that system goes down, average joe isn't working on it, he is calling me. my guys then make more hours servicing the higher end stuff the right way the first time, as opposed to trying to figure out what three other low bidders did before you got there.

a good service mechanic can learn technology, after all it still does the same chit, just uses fancy electronics now.

Zman and crackertech like this.
  15. Rather B Riding

Rather B Riding Behind bars

Training is the key. Some companies leave us old guys out. Think we don't need training.

16. flange

Well, to be fair, that's part of it. Attitude is another part. As an example, I just asked one of my guys if he wanted to go to four days of training out of town. It was for variable speed screws and controls of same. His reply....."at my age I know how a screw works and I know how VFD's work, the only thing I don't know is the controls logic. Get me the book and I will be fine..... send someone else who needs it, and make copies of the manuals for me". He is 57. I offered it to him as the elder statesman, but he didn't want the agg of traveling, lol.