1. Welcome to Hvacproforums, an interactive community exclusively for HVAC professionals. The collective years of HVAC experience and the knowledge our forum members share make this an invaluable resource for those in the HVAC industry. We have a lot of fun, but make no mistake, we are pros. Hvacproforums is self supporting ...there are NO advertisers here. Do-it-yourselfers and Homeowners are encouraged to seek information elsewhere. Those involved in the HVAC industry are urged to register. its 100% free and easy, Once registered you will have access to the technical forums, Be sure to click over to the new members forum and introduce yourself after registering!

Bad Ass

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Texas-Tech, Aug 11, 2017 at 7:19 PM.

1. Texas-Tech

Texas-Tech Official Geezer*

2. R2D2-TX

R2D2-TX New Member

[​IMG]
    Check out the size of this bad boy!

Texas-Tech likes this.
  3. Catpower

Catpower The Crowd Pleaser

We have a bunch of Golden Eagles around here, they say they are the biggest Eagles in the states, and those bastards are big

When I am shredding the pasture I stir up a lot of rodents, at first the Red Tailed Hawks will get them then the Eagles arrive and the hawks tear ass

One time I was shredding and an Eagle saw something behind me he was going to attack, he came screaming towards the tractor like he was going to try to fly under the rollgard, I was OH SHIT there ain't enough room under here for both of us, at the last second he pulled up about a foot, just barely missing the canopy and nailed a rabbit behind me

LemonWizard, R2D2-TX and knave like this.
  4. Rather B Riding

Rather B Riding Behind bars

They are bad ass birds. There was a news story several years ago. Lady walking a cha wawa falcon on a telephone pole swoops down and grabs the dog. She said the bird was pulling her 125 pound body around. If she were not right at here door to have something to hang on to she felt the bird would have had been airborne. She fought the bird off with the screen door and the dog survived after some surgery at the vet. It was just amazing to hear this women tell how much power these birds have. I have been face to face with a huge owl and I think I would have let the dog go and got my ass inside.

5. Texas-Tech

Texas-Tech Official Geezer*

They are absolutely majestic birds

6. Rather B Riding

Rather B Riding Behind bars

We have always had a lot of red tailed hawks in this area but the bald eagles are growing in numbers. I know of several close by. To see them snatch a cat fish out the creek is an awesome sight.

Zman and R2D2-TX like this.
  7. knave

knave Out for a rip

One day we were fishing upper Turtle Lake and we saw a Hawk with a fish, but a bald eagle was on its way over.

When eagle caught up to hawk, the fish was in the air for a split second and Mr eagle had what he was after.

Zman likes this.
  8. Catpower

Catpower The Crowd Pleaser

They are some neat birds about the 2nd year we were here, our son and I were drilling Sudan grass seeds and the Eagles would land within about 10 feet of the tractor, and just stare at us when we went by, John asked me what kind of bird they were, I told him I wasn't sure but I hope they aren't as pissed off as they look like:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Another cool bird is an osprey, I like the screaming noise they make when they are diving for a fish, they almost look and sound super sonic:lachen::lachen::lachen:

9. Zman

Zman Hanging by a Thread

That's why it's called the "American Bald Eagle". Don't Piss it Off! Stay out of our Territory! IMG_20170812_152551.jpg

10. oroy54

oroy54 New Member