1. Welcome to Hvacproforums, an interactive community exclusively for HVAC professionals. The collective years of HVAC experience and the knowledge our forum members share make this an invaluable resource for those in the HVAC industry. We have a lot of fun, but make no mistake, we are pros. Hvacproforums is self supporting ...there are NO advertisers here. Do-it-yourselfers and Homeowners are encouraged to seek information elsewhere. Those involved in the HVAC industry are urged to register. its 100% free and easy, Once registered you will have access to the technical forums, Be sure to click over to the new members forum and introduce yourself after registering!

Beware York Affinity Series condensers

Discussion in 'Residential' started by kena, Sep 2, 2017.

1. LemonWizard

LemonWizard Blinky Lights Wizard

As a controls guy this is what I would do, alternatively just ground the xmfr common if board doesn't require floating voltage. Also install xfmr fuse.

2. kena

kena New Member

Trust me.... I don't purposely install these things. I have an 18 SEER Affinity to install today. It's bigger than my van.
    They have a 2 wire as well. I'm going to try that 2000 volt common idea. They don't have another ahu in the cellar to screw with.
    By the way... I talked to a PHD electrical engineer last week about what I did on the first one. He said what I did was absolutely fine.

That being said... if one of you end up working on that. I know nothing about it. :eek:

3. kena

kena New Member

Not sure about anyone else here from New England... but I have like 4 more ac installs scheduled, and several more leads I'm working on. Never installed so many this late in the season.

4. LemonWizard

Are they A/C installs or are they heat pump installs would be my first thought?

5. LemonWizard

What kind of promotions are the power companies pushing would be my second thought.

And is all the equipment of similar age would be my third.