1. Welcome to Hvacproforums, an interactive community exclusively for HVAC professionals. The collective years of HVAC experience and the knowledge our forum members share make this an invaluable resource for those in the HVAC industry. We have a lot of fun, but make no mistake, we are pros. Hvacproforums is self supporting ...there are NO advertisers here. Do-it-yourselfers and Homeowners are encouraged to seek information elsewhere. Those involved in the HVAC industry are urged to register. its 100% free and easy, Once registered you will have access to the technical forums, Be sure to click over to the new members forum and introduce yourself after registering!

Bossman punked me out

Discussion in 'Residential' started by jamesyarbrough, Jun 15, 2017.

1. jamesyarbrough

jamesyarbrough Amateur Gynecologist

So i get a call for wind noise from a furnace. Its a down flow 5 ton ng unit.

Sounds like its coning from the blower. A nice shhhh noise at full rpm. I pull the motor and check the plenum. Looks luke theres some loose insulation so i adhere it all down, put it back together and recheck. Still making the noise. I pulled the blower again thinking it might be bearings, of coarse its a four bolt mount and i dont have one so i pull the motor apart and oil the bearings. Get it all back together and its still making the noise. I pull the motor and energize it on the ground with blower attached. No noise.

At this point im about to blow the **** up on the home owner. Stupid bitch is standing over me bitching about every little thing and ttelling me whats wrong with it. I called the shop. Send the boss out, im 2.5 hours in and haven't got a diagnosis yet.

This mother****er shows up and as soon as the motor starts up he says its a bad blower wheel. He says pull it ill show u. He rolls it over wiggling the vanes and finds a loose one... just enough to make noise. He smiles and says order a squirrel cage and leaves.

****ing hate old men sometimes.

2. crackertech

crackertech assholiness *

:dancenana:

3. Daryl_Dixon

Daryl_Dixon New Member

hate em, but love em :lachen:

4. tuna

tuna New Member

James, you will be an old man before you know it. :cheers:

5. R/HVAC

R/HVAC selfemployed

After you have been around for 40 yrs. or so and had your ass handed to you or kicked around the block by a piece of equipment. you may be the old ***ker.

6. HMD

HMD does it matter?

phucking kids...............

Texas-Tech and crackertech like this.
  7. Catpower

Catpower The Crowd Pleaser

Shit I knew what the problem was after about half of your first sentence

Us old farts know shit

8. oroy54

oroy54 New Member

My mother and father in law were like that for a while.

9. Jim54

Jim54 New Member

Shit I knew that you know shit before you knew the shit that I know you knew. 'Ya know?

Catpower likes this.