1. Welcome to Hvacproforums, an interactive community exclusively for HVAC professionals. The collective years of HVAC experience and the knowledge our forum members share make this an invaluable resource for those in the HVAC industry. We have a lot of fun, but make no mistake, we are pros. Hvacproforums is self supporting ...there are NO advertisers here. Do-it-yourselfers and Homeowners are encouraged to seek information elsewhere. Those involved in the HVAC industry are urged to register. its 100% free and easy, Once registered you will have access to the technical forums, Be sure to click over to the new members forum and introduce yourself after registering!

Carrier ahu

Discussion in 'Commercial' started by pintofstout, Sep 1, 2017.

1. RobertRD400

RobertRD400 New Member

Clean coil with evaporator coil cleaner to be sure coil does not have oily film that water will not adhere to.Check charge also undercharge will cause coil to "stripe" with warm and cold rows water will drop when it hits a warm row .You can also remove front cover and cover opening with plexiglass to watch system while it's running to see where water is dripping.

GTT likes this.
  2. chucko615

chucko615 Banned camp counselor

Wow Robert, that's a lot of good info. But please start a new member thread and introduce yourself.

3. pintofstout

pintofstout New Member

Thanks i had seen this online and had them try it yesterday.

The plexiglass bit wouldn't apply on this unit but they checked the charge and cleaned the coil. It still leaked. Ordering the condensation kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Trap on

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. R2D2-TX

R2D2-TX New Member

My plexiglass experience is... go through all the trouble buying the material... measure and cut it to fit the blower panel..btw the attic was 140*...
    Tape it in place... turn it on and instantly the plexiglass fogged up so bad you cannot see anything.... waste of time..✌️

Zman likes this.
  6. pintofstout

pintofstout New Member

There is no way plexiglass is fitting on this thing. It's not a plain Jane plenum coil.

7. pintofstout

pintofstout New Member

You mean like a bear trap? Or maybe the shape, or the muscle?

Could you be referring to a dude that legitimately looks like a woman?

What is this "trap" madness you speak of?

Yes, i checked the trap.

GTT likes this.
  8. GTT

GTT Wannabe on a boat on a bay with a beer, & my Babe!

Munters made a series of units years ago that were leak monsters. These were rtu style dehumidifiers. When I went out to a building with a senior tech, we found like 1/2 dozen units leaking condensate. It was turbulence of the air flow that would suck the condensate off the coils past the pans. Fix was a sheet metal plate that would intercept the splash and gravity would take it to the pan. Other techs had been fighting this issue for a while. There was silicone caulk everywhere!

I had to do the plexiglas thing at another location to isolate the leak in another building, similiar units. Never used a Go-Pro camera, but, this might be an occasion?