1. Welcome to Hvacproforums, an interactive community exclusively for HVAC professionals. The collective years of HVAC experience and the knowledge our forum members share make this an invaluable resource for those in the HVAC industry. We have a lot of fun, but make no mistake, we are pros. Hvacproforums is self supporting ...there are NO advertisers here. Do-it-yourselfers and Homeowners are encouraged to seek information elsewhere. Those involved in the HVAC industry are urged to register. its 100% free and easy, Once registered you will have access to the technical forums, Be sure to click over to the new members forum and introduce yourself after registering!

Carrier heat pump

Discussion in 'Residential' started by yoop, Nov 13, 2017.

1. yoop

yoop Money talks......but all mine says is "Goodbye"!

I have questions about the following equipment.

25HPA636A0030010
    FE4ANF003T00
    KCFEH2901N09
    SYSTXCCUID01-B

I know the outdoor unit is a 2 stage 3 ton unit and the indoor is a 2 to 3.5 ton with electric heat.
    What is that last model number? (SYSTXCCUID-01B). Why would a 3 ton outdoor unit have a 2.5 ton compressor in it, other than installer/factory error?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  2. frozensolid

frozensolid Psychologist's Dream

The last number is the t-stat

3. frozensolid

Tonage will be BTU not all are 36000 I will look it up if I can

4. yoop

Thanks.....I am being told that this unit had a 2.5 ton compressor installed in it when it went bad last year.

5. frozensolid

34800 BTU with the 003 ah 36000 with 005 ah

Edit those are for the fv not the fe but still should be close.

It’s infinity correct?

6. frozensolid

Well then you can’t fix stupid. :)

7. yoop

Sounds like the contractor that replaced the compressor didn't notice it was a 2.5 ton and installed it. Indoor unit
    For sure lol........ the owner and the contractor both assumed it had a 2.5 ton unit in it, because they saw a 30 in the model number. The compressor is a to stage 28,100 btu to 38,000 btu. Nothing wrong there. Sounds like the only problem is the "contractor".

8. Zman

Zman Hanging by a Thread

Have seen cond units with 1 size smaller compressor than the model# tonnage on the nameplate right out of the factory. Don't know why or how they work,not an engineer,but maybe it's in the coil design.

jpb2 likes this.