1. Welcome to Hvacproforums, an interactive community exclusively for HVAC professionals. The collective years of HVAC experience and the knowledge our forum members share make this an invaluable resource for those in the HVAC industry. We have a lot of fun, but make no mistake, we are pros. Hvacproforums is self supporting ...there are NO advertisers here. Do-it-yourselfers and Homeowners are encouraged to seek information elsewhere. Those involved in the HVAC industry are urged to register. its 100% free and easy, Once registered you will have access to the technical forums, Be sure to click over to the new members forum and introduce yourself after registering!

catpower-how to kill some time.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by flange, Aug 10, 2017.

1. flange

flange Act like you care and do SOMETHING!!

you could use your shop gear to make us all a set of these. you are welcome!

Fred Meebley likes this.
  2. Catpower

Catpower The Crowd Pleaser

If I am going to make something illegal, it would be mind altering:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Zman likes this.
  3. LemonWizard

LemonWizard Blinky Lights Wizard

4. Daryl_Dixon

Daryl_Dixon New Member

Even if inadvertently tossed upward, they are pretty damn dangerous.

Have you ever gone bowling and your hand just doesn't let go in time and you throw the ball a little high and through the air? It can happen even with the best of intentions or efforts. When those things go up, they come down, and with people underneath (as there will always be), it's just a matter of time until someone gets impaled. Or like in the story you linked, a little girl has one penetrate her head with impressive force.

I nearly killed a kid in 10th grade after building a "pencil launcher" in drafting class. Had it not been for his front tooth, it would have passed through his skull, no doubt...

Horse shoes!

5. Fred Meebley

Fred Meebley New Member

Could be mind altering, if it hit you in the wrong spot. Probably not as much fun as what you had in mind.

6. LemonWizard

LemonWizard Blinky Lights Wizard

Nearly everything can be deadly in the right (or wrong) situation. I don't see a point in banning pointy sticks.

7. Rather B Riding

Rather B Riding Behind bars

I survived lawn darts and made things a whole lot more dangerous. You can't stop people from doing stupid shit. Sometimes it's a YouTube viral video.

8. Daryl_Dixon

Daryl_Dixon New Member

I understand.

I also understand that some would take issue with heavy pointy deadly projectiles being marketed as a toy or game, even if for adults. It would be the equivalence or marketing arrows as a toy/game. Both can be propelled upward or outward and travel far enough / high enough to impale someone, perhaps inadvertently. <<< as in the story you linked

I'm not saying I support banning them or proposing a ban on them. I'm merely suggesting that the action taken when a little girl is impaled dead through the skull by a "toy" (rather it should have been in the hands of a child or not) raises the question whether the PRODUCT (marketed as a game) is a safe PRODUCT.

I have no issues with guns, knives, arrows, and grenades. They are deadly. But they aren't marketed as a toy or game.

Of course, there will always be shades of grey.

For me, it's about unsafe products. Think pool drains sucking out peoples' digestive systems. "Well, they aren't meant for sitting on. You should tell your kids not to. I see no point in banning them." Hmm...

9. Zman

Zman Hanging by a Thread

Like, having multiple wife's? That would alter anyone's mind! And is illegal... unless you live in Utah.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017 at 12:05 PM
    Catpower likes this.
  10. Rather B Riding

Rather B Riding Behind bars

11. Snoring Beagle

Snoring Beagle Need Little - Want Less - Love More

We had 'em too. Jarts as I remember. Can't remember any one getting impaled.

I remember getting balled out for tossing apples picked up from the ground across the alley, over a garage and beaning my mother sitting in the yard. I mean like who coulda known.:dunno:

sline-dawg likes this.
  12. Zman

Zman Hanging by a Thread

Lawn Darts are usually associated with cookouts,which usually are IMG_20170812_164035.jpg associated with alcohol! Stick to the Cornhole Boards, their safer! Unless the wifes get involved!

13. Snoring Beagle

Snoring Beagle Need Little - Want Less - Love More

You know what?

Scoliosis looks good on them two....

14. Zman

Zman Hanging by a Thread

Not hard to imagine someone who had a few too many bruskies and kept missing his target with the lawn Darts,while the others laughed,finally went and grabbed his crossbow and said,"oh yeah! Watch this!"

Catpower likes this.
  15. oroy54

oroy54 New Member

Wasn't there a movie about that?