1. Welcome to Hvacproforums, an interactive community exclusively for HVAC professionals. The collective years of HVAC experience and the knowledge our forum members share make this an invaluable resource for those in the HVAC industry. We have a lot of fun, but make no mistake, we are pros. Hvacproforums is self supporting ...there are NO advertisers here. Do-it-yourselfers and Homeowners are encouraged to seek information elsewhere. Those involved in the HVAC industry are urged to register. its 100% free and easy, Once registered you will have access to the technical forums, Be sure to click over to the new members forum and introduce yourself after registering!

Chain Saw

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by SlimWoodie, Apr 2, 2008.

1. SlimWoodie

SlimWoodie I Be Bant

time fer a new one , the Mac 60cc is a little tired 28 years later ..

any suggestions ..??

i guess i'm buyin' a Stihl .. since most ever' thing else is MIC, even some Huskys

no Dolmar dealers here ...

2. Snoring Beagle

Snoring Beagle Need Little - Want Less - Love More

I use one of these price is right and it's like Butta, smooth even with 20" bar.

[​IMG]

The 455 Rancher is an ideal saw for landowners and part-time users who require a high powered, heavy-duty and responsive workmate for all cutting conditions. It combines the best characteristics of its predecessor with new, facilitating technology and ergonomics.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] More power where you need it
    The X-TORQ engine design increases torque
    over a wider rpm range and results in maximum cutting power.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Quick-release air filter
    Makes it easy to remove the air filter for cleaning or replacement.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Easy to start
    Smart Start decompression valve and a newly designed starter handle effectively reduce the required pulling force and provide a firm, sturdy grip. Fuel pump and combined choke/stop control allow for easier starting and reduces the risk of engine flooding.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Air Injection
    Air Injection. Centrifugal air cleaning system for longer intervals between filter cleanings, smoother operation and reduced wear.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Quick chain adjustments
    Side-mounted chain tensioner make chain adjustment quick and easy.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Three-piece crankshaft
    Forged three-piece crankshaft for maximum durability for the toughest applications.

3. Trey R

Trey R I'm as confused as a baby in a topless bar.

I second the Husky vote, great equipment.

4. southern girl

southern girl I come to service you

Well if I may give you some info from my bf that has 2 Stihls and 2 Huskys at a saw mill. Each are cranked every morning 5 days a week and ran 1 hour or more each day sometimes more. Since August the Stihls ran great need chains at least once a week due to hitting metal and bars from getting pinched but huskys get the same abuse ...but he has noticed the Huskys have been to shop for carb rebuilds at least one every month, the Shitls model 039 none.

Now me myself I have a little camoflauged Poulan I use for little limbs and stuff around the house. I also have a Sthil 039. Use it for cutting up trees. Man I tell you it cuts through them like butter.

5. Trey R

Trey R I'm as confused as a baby in a topless bar.

Maybe you need a new mechanic to tune them properly. I'm sorry, J/K :biggrin:

But really I've had many and used many different models Husky offers and haven't heard anyone else having the same problems. My buddy owns a local Husky dealership so I've been around quite a few. Maybe theirs were made at 4 O'clock an Friday. :tongue:

6. southern girl

southern girl I come to service you

I call it beer 30 :D

7. karsthuntr

karsthuntr Caveman

Personally I like the stihl. I've used them all my life, Dad worked for Westvaco on the woodyard and that's all we had.

8. thenight1

thenight1 New Member

I used to run a sawmill. The guys doing it a long time, had Husky's. Some of the new guys would have homelite or other brands. EVERY long time logger I knew used a husky.