1. Welcome to Hvacproforums, an interactive community exclusively for HVAC professionals. The collective years of HVAC experience and the knowledge our forum members share make this an invaluable resource for those in the HVAC industry. We have a lot of fun, but make no mistake, we are pros. Hvacproforums is self supporting ...there are NO advertisers here. Do-it-yourselfers and Homeowners are encouraged to seek information elsewhere. Those involved in the HVAC industry are urged to register. its 100% free and easy, Once registered you will have access to the technical forums, Be sure to click over to the new members forum and introduce yourself after registering!

Cheap heat

Discussion in 'Residential' started by 22blood, Nov 8, 2017.

1. 22blood

22blood red wire nuts only

Firewood is the best answer but not an option
    Would like to not spark the gas furnace this season, living in AZ it can be done
    Just heating my daughter's bedroom and mine I spose, looking for a great idea space heater of quality less than 750 watts or if another fuel can be used. Open to suggestions
    I'm very cheap but will buy quality

2. Joeysmith

Joeysmith New Member

I know some people that swear by the eaden pure (sp?) space heaters but have never owned one. Pellet stoves have gotten pretty popular around here as a replacement for wood.

3. jpb2

jpb2 Dog Tard *

we have 2 if those oil filled space heaters. work well

jamesyarbrough and doc havoc like this.
  4. Chuck

Chuck SSP

Eden pure is an expensive electric heater that will still only give you 3412 btus per kw. They're no more efficient than any other electric heater.

Why not run the gas? It's usually cheaper than electric unless you have super low electric rates.

5. Rather B Riding

Rather B Riding Behind bars

Its 100% efficiency every watt used produces the same amount of heat. :D

Chuck likes this.
  6. doc havoc

doc havoc A cunning linguist

X2

7. Catpower

Catpower The Crowd Pleaser

I have a milk house heater in my office, and it is pretty smart,I bet if I took it to a milk house it would heat evenly, but I have it in my office so it didn't heat evenly, move the stat to just the right position and sometimes it would work, but there were also times when I got here in the morning it would be 103F, if I moved the dial on the stat 1/8 of an inch it might drop to 40F

So I got on Amazon and bought the world famous Bayite line voltage stat. When I got it I saw it was only good to 1000 watts,my heater is 1500 watts so i have the stat operate the coil on a 90-341 relay and break both lines so it should be rated for 2400 watts

It is amazing, 1 degree swing, and I have suffered with the old POS for about 8 years (I did have the Bayite for about 4 of them)

8. Rather B Riding

Rather B Riding Behind bars

If you are going to try heating the bedrooms with space heaters I do like the oil filled heaters. Most have a 600, a 900 and a 1500 watt setting on them. That said be well aware that space heaters are the cause of a lot of house fires. Outlets installed with stab connections can not handle the continuous 13 amp draw for long periods.

crackertech likes this.
  9. crackertech

crackertech assholiness *

Cheap heat :D

Attached Files:

Zman, Joeysmith and Rather B Riding like this.
  10. jamesyarbrough

jamesyarbrough Amateur Gynecologist

waste oil heater

22blood, Ballvalve79 and Catpower like this.
  11. doc havoc

:chairshot::chairshot::chairshot::chairshot::chairshot::chairshot::chairshot::chairshot::banned:

12. Zman

Zman Hanging by a Thread

13. Swampfox

Swampfox red tagged

heat pump?

14. Zman

Zman Hanging by a Thread

Radiant Heat? electric_socks_and_mittens.jpg

15. LemonWizard

LemonWizard Blinky Lights Wizard

Very large magnifying glass in the sun.

crackertech, Zman and Catpower like this.
  16. crackertech

crackertech assholiness *

What???????????got ya a chubby eh

17. doc havoc

No. He wants to heat 2 bedrooms, not a small village! That unit is WAY oversized for this application. I guess I should cut you some slack though. After all, you are an /Rrrrrrrrr guy.:D

18. pecmsg

pecmsg Junior my ASS

That’s waste oil!

19. jays 65

jays 65 New Member

when i was a bachelor i had a big ranch house only stayed in office-bedroom in basement peed outdoors easy to heat with edenpure.went upstairs one time during cold spell and i had ice in the toilet lol

Ballvalve79 likes this.
  20. Zman

Zman Hanging by a Thread