1. Welcome to Hvacproforums, an interactive community exclusively for HVAC professionals. The collective years of HVAC experience and the knowledge our forum members share make this an invaluable resource for those in the HVAC industry. We have a lot of fun, but make no mistake, we are pros. Hvacproforums is self supporting ...there are NO advertisers here. Do-it-yourselfers and Homeowners are encouraged to seek information elsewhere. Those involved in the HVAC industry are urged to register. its 100% free and easy, Once registered you will have access to the technical forums, Be sure to click over to the new members forum and introduce yourself after registering!

Compression fittings for freon lines.

Discussion in 'Refrigeration' started by Bustawrench, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Bustawrench

Bustawrench Knucklehead

2. Texas-Tech

Texas-Tech Official Geezer*

It could be repaired faster and cheaper with a torch

3. otto

otto Bakery Chef

I don't see those flying off the shelves.

4. Texas-Tech

Not for 25 dollars

5. otto

otto Bakery Chef

It will be collecting dust on the shelf next to the silphos rings. :)

6. Catpower

Catpower The Crowd Pleaser

Guess Y'all never had to deal with the Carrier aluminum coils back in the 70's and 80's they used compression fittings to fix the leakers, they came with a spinning tool that you put in a drill motor and turned the aluminum down to the right size, really they worked pretty damn good, and I've used a few regular comp fittings to fix other alum coil that worked

Airmechanical likes this.
  7. Bustawrench

Bustawrench Knucklehead

I'm just wondering if they actually hold up...............I mean, look at all the shit guys catch for using Stay-Brite #8 on freon lines........now these guys are trying to sell compression fittings?

I don't see it going over very well.

8. Catpower

The ones they sent with the repair kits held up really pretty good, it was a PITA to make the repair, well not really it's just that nobody read the instructions with the turning tool, that you had to oil the shit out of the tubing as you were turning it, some idiots didn't oil it then the tubing would cease up it the tool and twist the shit out of it then you were ****ed

9. tuna

tuna New Member

Personally, I would have a better chance winning the lottery than fixing a leak on an aluminum tube with a torch. Ive tried and failed several times. So, I would definately use that to repair a leaky alluminum tube in a denser if you could get to it.

10. Texas-Tech

Personally I was refering to copper lines, not aluminum

11. Catpower

Harris makes some stuff called Alsolder 100 I think that's the name of it, it works good but not on the hot gas discharge line, I have fixed quite a few leaks with it, and they held for quite a few years until the unit was scrapped

12. PSYCHOBILLY

PSYCHOBILLY Blunts, 40's, and Bitches

13. Tap

Tap i hate it when a velociraptor throws poop at me

York makes a kit comes in a tube with two sticks and a brush the sticks haven flux in them it works. Have fixed a few micro channelers with it.

14. HMD

HMD does it matter?

looks almost like a hydraulic coupling.

15. HMD

HMD does it matter?

16. flange

flange Act like you care and do SOMETHING!!

the boys on the hill in west conshy have been selling them for years, for use on....daikin systems.

17. Bustawrench

Bustawrench Knucklehead

No kidding? I've never seen one...................found this on Facebook, of all places. Learn something every day.

18. flange

flange Act like you care and do SOMETHING!!

its either them, or a very similiar fitting. daikins are pretty particular about being clean, that was their way of helping some of the lesser qualified guys move product.

19. Tap

Tap i hate it when a velociraptor throws poop at me