1. Welcome to Hvacproforums, an interactive community exclusively for HVAC professionals. The collective years of HVAC experience and the knowledge our forum members share make this an invaluable resource for those in the HVAC industry. We have a lot of fun, but make no mistake, we are pros. Hvacproforums is self supporting ...there are NO advertisers here. Do-it-yourselfers and Homeowners are encouraged to seek information elsewhere. Those involved in the HVAC industry are urged to register. its 100% free and easy, Once registered you will have access to the technical forums, Be sure to click over to the new members forum and introduce yourself after registering!

Duct designs

Discussion in 'Residential' started by Randysmit1986, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Randysmit1986

Randysmit1986 New Member

Im looking to learn more in regards to ducting out a home and adding proper airflow to systems lacking. Being in service i know when s system is lacking proper air distribution but would like to fix myself versus telling them they need a duct guy
    Any classes/training out here ...thanks

2. GTT

GTT Wannabe on a boat on a bay with a beer, & my Babe!

Several guys here are sharp on that. I did/taught the basic air distribution module at a tech school a few times. It can be an interesting pursuit. If you've been in many residential attics, you've seen disasters and great ones and those in between. The first contractor I worked for had a PE that would design the systems. I was fortunate to see and help install some sweet systems. I would wince when I would find the octopus with NO dampers! "Modern Air Conditioning and Refrigeration" in your library? Good discussion of basics in it.

3. Randysmit1986

Randysmit1986 New Member

Yes that book is in my library, I'm almost certain I have every top suggested HVAC book at my disposal. I understand basics and intermediate of airflow. I guess I would need to be around more people all that actually run ductwork I can tell you what you need size-wise regards to tonnage of the home just never had you actually running myself

GTT likes this.
  4. jamesyarbrough

jamesyarbrough Amateur Gynecologist

all I know is it needs more return. They always need more return. Carrier guy says we need four 20s for a 5ton.

GTT likes this.
  5. pecmsg

pecmsg Junior my ASS

What goes out must come in.

GTT likes this.