1. Welcome to Hvacproforums, an interactive community exclusively for HVAC professionals. The collective years of HVAC experience and the knowledge our forum members share make this an invaluable resource for those in the HVAC industry. We have a lot of fun, but make no mistake, we are pros. Hvacproforums is self supporting ...there are NO advertisers here. Do-it-yourselfers and Homeowners are encouraged to seek information elsewhere. Those involved in the HVAC industry are urged to register. its 100% free and easy, Once registered you will have access to the technical forums, Be sure to click over to the new members forum and introduce yourself after registering!

Filter/drier capacity

Discussion in 'Refrigeration' started by doc havoc, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Jon

Jon Team Canada

Just cut em out and send knave back on regular hours to replace

mike1020 likes this.
  2. Zman

Zman Hanging by a Thread

Why all the extra parts in that bowl on the left in Pic two? :D

3. MOFO the psychic gorilla

MOFO the psychic gorilla sitting on two achers

Doesn't that pressure switch tee look like a spot to catch a bunch of oil....... But it looks factory done so it must be ok IDK

doc havoc likes this.
  4. doc havoc

doc havoc A cunning linguist

It is factory. We discussed oil trapping when they installed pressure switches on their trainers. And then a manufacturer throws that in our face.:banghead:

5. MOFO the psychic gorilla

MOFO the psychic gorilla sitting on two achers

6. R/HVAC

R/HVAC selfemployed

If this cabinet uses 404a and POE replace the cap tube. Like pecmsg said check the box for recommended drier size. On another note, I used soft solder on coiled tubing on slide out units so the tubing does not kink after several pull outs of unit for service. Suction filters mostly.

7. crackertech

crackertech assholiness *

I remember those :banghead:

Zman likes this.
  8. doc havoc

doc havoc A cunning linguist

It uses a TXV.

9. Rather B Riding

Rather B Riding Behind bars

This is just an opinion but undersized filter drier should have no effect on the performance of the system. If like you said the line size is the same and it doesn't restrict the flow. Manufactures ship out units with undersized driers everyday. The one thing I see that pisses me off is 2 LL driers in the same spit system. One outside and one at the evap. WTF

Zman and doc havoc like this.