1. Welcome to Hvacproforums, an interactive community exclusively for HVAC professionals. The collective years of HVAC experience and the knowledge our forum members share make this an invaluable resource for those in the HVAC industry. We have a lot of fun, but make no mistake, we are pros. Hvacproforums is self supporting ...there are NO advertisers here. Do-it-yourselfers and Homeowners are encouraged to seek information elsewhere. Those involved in the HVAC industry are urged to register. its 100% free and easy, Once registered you will have access to the technical forums, Be sure to click over to the new members forum and introduce yourself after registering!

Hi all

Discussion in 'New members' started by Didgar, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Didgar

Didgar New Member

My name is Alan Pfeiffer and am from the Tulsa Oklahoma area. I have been in the HVAC business over 30 years and belong to an employee owned company in Tulsa that does heating and air, geothermal, and plumbing. We are always looking for qualified employees to be part owners with us. I have served as technical rep for all our heating and air, and plumbing technicians. If you are relocating to Tulsa or have interest in doing so, give me a call at and I would be glad to answer any questions you may have. Thanks again for letting me join the forum and hopefully I can shed some light on questions you may have.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2017
  2. MNHVAC

MNHVAC Man on a mission

Welcome

3. Catpower

Catpower The Crowd Pleaser

Welcome:welcome:

Did you hear slavery was abolished about 150 years ago?

Zman likes this.
  4. chucko615

chucko615 Banned camp counselor

Welcome...................I know people who know people that know "working for the man"

5. rock&rolloutlaw$

rock&rolloutlaw$ New Member

What’s the best thing I should do in this situation. My electric bills were 900 a month average in 2016. 2300 sq ft home 5 ton unit . Using 10kwh Told my landlord when it stopped working this past summer. He did nothing so I had a cheapy look at it and he put 3lbs of the cooling free on in and that made it work for a couple days. Found out the reason it didn’t turn on because the breaker tripped. Landlord came out 2 months later with what he said was a licensed HVAC pro in a text he sent just before he got to the property. I had a licensed HVAC check it the day before and when the Landlord and his guy got here I told him the findings my guy wrote down and the guy immediately said he all wrong all of those things are wrong . So I asked for his license and name and he gave me a card with no name and a written down license #. I check immediately on the contractors website and sure enough it was not his and it suspended so I have had to reset the breaker 43 times in the past 3 weeks and I’m affraid it might start a fire . How would I check for possible sign of wire melting that could cause a fire hazard? I need some good evidence of the AC unit is causing all these problems because my landlord after confronting him with the problem of bringing over a unlicensed liar into my home to tell me I am wrong when I am clearly the one taking the hit of this by paying over 10 grand in 1 year in electric bills . Any help on what is the best way to check it for fire hazard ? Any help I would appreciated BC it seems I’m getting the blame and the only one losing here. It’s cost in the two years here me 30,000 just in bills and plus all the late fees and how this effected everything financially in my life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. coldsnap

coldsnap -20 on the money

Move somewhere else

Jon likes this.
  7. R2D2-TX

R2D2-TX New Member

X2..✌️

8. Zman

Zman Hanging by a Thread

Call the State/town Fire Marshall,Inspector or Licence Board of Regs,or any one else that you can think of before some one gets Seriously hurt! Last resort,local News...then be prepared to move.

9. Joeysmith

Joeysmith New Member

$900 a month would buy several window shakers till you get the problem resolved.