1. Welcome to Hvacproforums, an interactive community exclusively for HVAC professionals. The collective years of HVAC experience and the knowledge our forum members share make this an invaluable resource for those in the HVAC industry. We have a lot of fun, but make no mistake, we are pros. Hvacproforums is self supporting ...there are NO advertisers here. Do-it-yourselfers and Homeowners are encouraged to seek information elsewhere. Those involved in the HVAC industry are urged to register. its 100% free and easy, Once registered you will have access to the technical forums, Be sure to click over to the new members forum and introduce yourself after registering!

High velocity heating system

Discussion in 'Residential' started by yoop, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Abby Normal

Abby Normal On Permanent Vacation

my bad they don't have a boiler--you would have to source one. their animation it looks like an on demand water heater supplying the hot water

2. Magilla Gorilla

Magilla Gorilla I Be Bant

I remember some years back working on either a Unico or Spacepack system that had a hot water coil tied into it, can't remember the particulars, but I know for sure it can be done. The company I worked for only dealt with high velocity systems. Try calling Unique Indoor Comfort and pretend your inquiring on it for yourself...I'm sure they'll give up some info.

http://www.elmhurstunique.com/?gclid=COnZytSgiZwCFSENDQodfWpkXw

Tell em Magilla sent ya....:D

3. hvaclover

hvaclover New Member

Yo how goes your progress?

4. pandjmech1

pandjmech1 New Member

General question in regards to high velocity systems.
    Went to a home for a problem with their HVAC system always running. At first thought, Why isn't it making temp? Or Is it short cycling?
    After speaking with the owner, I went to the attic and saw the system. It looked like it was a high velocity system until I saw the unit. It was a 2 ton Nordyne air handler with electric coil!!!
    I have never seen this before nor would ever of done this...
    Feel bad for the owner because they got screwed by the contractor. High velocity systems are more money then handlers/furnaces..
    So, replace the handler with a high velocity or replace the ductwork?
    Has anyone encountered this or something like it?
    Any advice would be appreciated?
    I informed the home owner (who is a carpenter/contractor) but I don't think he realizes the severity of the situation.
    Their electric bills are very high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. pandjmech1

pandjmech1 New Member

Try contacting Unico. They might send someone to the property and give advice/info about heating options. Spacepak doesn't get as involved nor gives advice.
    This is my experience, not implying they are not good...

6. crackertech

crackertech assholiness *

You need to start a new members thread and introduce yourself and tell us what you do in the trade

7. pandjmech1

pandjmech1 New Member

Thanks
    I was a member years ago but guess they shut down this app and have restarted it..
    I don't know if it changed or if I had to introduce myself on the old one. Can't remember. Thanks for letting me know.

8. pandjmech1

pandjmech1 New Member

How do you introduce yourself?
    Do you mean on my profile or ?