1. Welcome to Hvacproforums, an interactive community exclusively for HVAC professionals. The collective years of HVAC experience and the knowledge our forum members share make this an invaluable resource for those in the HVAC industry. We have a lot of fun, but make no mistake, we are pros. Hvacproforums is self supporting ...there are NO advertisers here. Do-it-yourselfers and Homeowners are encouraged to seek information elsewhere. Those involved in the HVAC industry are urged to register. its 100% free and easy, Once registered you will have access to the technical forums, Be sure to click over to the new members forum and introduce yourself after registering!

How to find out you don't have a level floor

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Catpower, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Catpower

Catpower The Crowd Pleaser

After I crashed last night everybody noticed we had low water pressure, and I noticed this morning, I was figuring it was because there are 10 people crammed in the bunkhouse

It was because the 3/4 PEX line going in this shop broke, looks like it was chaffing on the R panel

On the east side where I am setting in my cubby hole with the plasma cutter about 8 feet way is about 1-2 inches lower than the west side where the water line broke

I guess that ain't so bad, it is 60 feet apart, luckily no water got in the plasma control box

Damn I need to peddle that thing

2. jpb2

jpb2 Dog Tard *

Glad no huge damage but what a PIA .

3. pecmsg

pecmsg Junior my ASS

I use a pencil in NY to check for level b

4. oroy54

oroy54 New Member

I have never heard of a pex failure, but I can understand this happening as you said. If I remember correctly, Rick lives around 5 miles out of town in the boonies. He is on city water, don't know about septic. That water comes from town is from a well 5000' deep.
    Correct me if I am wrong.

5. Texas-Tech

Texas-Tech Official Geezer*

Nah, he just goes up to the Frognot water tower and turn the spigot off

6. Catpower

When John moved back on the farm they wanted $4000 for another "meter" he didn't want to pay for it so I put in a filtration system and get water from the pond.We have a friend that tests water for the city of Paris, and gave her samples to test, it tests as good or better than Frognot Water

Sometimes if can be a PITA like when it is super cold and I left a faucet running in the wood shop, and the ****ing pressure switch decided to **** up and didn't turn the pump back on, so the filter pump didn't run all night and it froze up. But that was mostly caused by listening to the weather bitch who said it was going to be in the high 20's and it got to 7

Single digits are when everything ****s up, about the same as back in Iowa except it ****ed up when it was -20F

oroy54 likes this.
  7. oroy54

oroy54 New Member

How did the city or town know that John moved to your place?

8. Catpower

It's a rural water coop, all is fine if you belong to the First Baptist church,but none of us belong to it

Plus Blue Ridge is so small if you fart everybody knows about it before you do

oroy54 likes this.
  9. oroy54

oroy54 New Member

So is it Dry where you live?

10. jamesyarbrough

jamesyarbrough Amateur Gynecologist

It won't be that way forever. Denison exploded over night. I'm ready to sell my place and move to another small town.

Maybe I'll park a trailer in a field in Hendrix ok. Nobody would every want to live there

oroy54 likes this.
  11. Catpower

It is already expanding out here, the price of land has gone through the ceiling, if we didn't like it so much we would sell, and if it gets much higher we will sell and move to some remote area, where it is warm all year

Belize?

12. jamesyarbrough

Heck with warm. Montana!

13. Catpower

Have you ever lived where it is cold? Winters start in Montana, and N Dakota

One time when I was in the Air Force, while I was in S Dak we had to take a Buff to Minot N Dak to cover one of their planes being not operationally ready for the alert pad, we left on Dec 24, yup the Buff that stole Christmas, as we were taxing by the base ops there was a big sign "Why Not Minot" beside it was a thermometer that read -40F. That is the reason why not to Minot

Man it gets ****ing cold there

Zman likes this.
  14. jamesyarbrough

Yeah but it's pretty, there's plenty of hunting and not many people.

Zman, doc havoc and oroy54 like this.
  15. Zman

Zman Hanging by a Thread

Shrinkage is a Big Problem...:(

16. ub2slo

ub2slo trane service tech

I'd have an innie

17. oroy54

oroy54 New Member

How far are you from Butler or Pennington? I have stories about that place!