1. Welcome to Hvacproforums, an interactive community exclusively for HVAC professionals. The collective years of HVAC experience and the knowledge our forum members share make this an invaluable resource for those in the HVAC industry. We have a lot of fun, but make no mistake, we are pros. Hvacproforums is self supporting ...there are NO advertisers here. Do-it-yourselfers and Homeowners are encouraged to seek information elsewhere. Those involved in the HVAC industry are urged to register. its 100% free and easy, Once registered you will have access to the technical forums, Be sure to click over to the new members forum and introduce yourself after registering!

HVAC clamp meter

Discussion in 'Tools and Test Equip' started by knave, Dec 17, 2015.

1. knave

knave Undeterred

I don't actually need ua that often. On PMs I usually just clean the sensor and call it great.

2. mike1020

mike1020 entitled millennial

I usually only check uA on cooking equipment.

I will on other stuff once in a while.

3. knave

knave Undeterred

Intermittent failed ignition calls really stink.... That's when I have uA hooked up

4. mike1020

mike1020 entitled millennial

Some of the hot side stuff, you're adjusting air shutters and what not. Checking uA is sometimes the best way to dial things in.

5. jamesyarbrough

jamesyarbrough Amateur Gynecologist

Fluke doesnt make a good all in one. I carry a 116/323 combo. Thinking about swapping the 323 for a 324 or 902, because its pretty useless except for when u need an amp clamp.

6. 22blood

22blood red wire nuts only

fieldpiece

lions_lair99 likes this.
  7. Mike1965

Mike1965 New Member

Have had good luck with Field piece over the last 2 decades. Thought I bought a dud when the meter was reading mega ohms. Made me condemn a couple of good compressors. Till I noticed I was getting a reading when my fingers touched the probes. Don't care much for the auto ranging for that fact. Noticed as I get older. The screens seem to get harder to see the range icons.