1. Welcome to Hvacproforums, an interactive community exclusively for HVAC professionals. The collective years of HVAC experience and the knowledge our forum members share make this an invaluable resource for those in the HVAC industry. We have a lot of fun, but make no mistake, we are pros. Hvacproforums is self supporting ...there are NO advertisers here. Do-it-yourselfers and Homeowners are encouraged to seek information elsewhere. Those involved in the HVAC industry are urged to register. its 100% free and easy, Once registered you will have access to the technical forums, Be sure to click over to the new members forum and introduce yourself after registering!

HVAC in datacenter failing please help me

Discussion in 'Commercial' started by Erick Santin, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Erick Santin

Erick Santin New Member

Hi, i know should not post this here i dont care i need help im in a datacenter in st thomas we had a hurracane strike cat 3 our datacenter has comms for entire island can you please help us we have people sleeping here our trane chiller has a flow sensor issue is there any way to bypass it on the trane program i have it hooked up to my computer i allredy tried cleaning it
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Swampfox

Swampfox red tagged

3. Swampfox

Swampfox red tagged

Got your pics to work, don't usually allow diy but hopefully someone can help if it's feasible, chillers aren't my thing, good luck

4. jamesyarbrough

jamesyarbrough Amateur Gynecologist

We have some damn good chiller men here. I'm sure one of them will be along shortly.

5. pecmsg

pecmsg Junior my ASS

Does it have flow?

6. HMD

HMD does it matter?

what's yo flo?
    linoleum!

Jay 41 likes this.
  7. freeworld

freeworld Freon Jockey

Those electronic flow switches are like any other. Except they are powered. Should have 4 wires. A set for power and a set for flow proof..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2017
  8. pecmsg

pecmsg Junior my ASS

I don't advise any Safety gets jumped!

frozensolid likes this.
  9. flange

flange Act like you care and do SOMETHING!!

Sorry for the delay I just checked in. Those chillers have an onboard flow sensor and also can have an external flow switch, which is wired to terminals 1x5-3, 1x5-9 I believe. Check those terminals and see if there is a jumper or hard wires. If hard wires, make sure that contact is closed, if not install a jumper.

if that contact is fine, you need to figure out if your integral flow switch is powered and sending a signal back to the controller.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
    freeworld likes this.
  10. flange

Normally I wouldn't either, but in this case, it seems like a desperate measure that NEEDS to happen. If it were me, I would do one of the following, however. First, I would see if there was an external flow switch. If so, make sure it works and is tied in as shown above. If not, look for a set of normally open aux contacts on the pump starter and use them as a fail safe should the pump trip. Finally, I would pay close attention to the water flow.

With on board electronics these days, a loss of flow SHOULD knock her down on low suction, but NEVER assume anything.

11. freeworld

freeworld Freon Jockey

From the pictures looks like the lights are on.

12. freeworld

freeworld Freon Jockey

Agreed...

13. flange

I am a blind mofo, didn't even look at pictures, where are they? oh, are they the things that just show as X's here on my end, lol.

Anita sannich likes this.
  14. pecmsg

pecmsg Junior my ASS

@flange
    If it were you or me or any # of people here no problem. We know what to look for and when to shut it down. The OP no Zero experience.

15. flange

generally agree, but its hot down there and they have enough problems. people sleeping there....its not going to make much difference unless he gets it running. the caveats were spelled out. I will sleep tonite.

freeworld likes this.
  16. frozensolid

frozensolid Psychologist's Dream

I would not feel good telling someone who may be joe the cot sleeper to work on something critical. What if he took a simple fault into crisis. That would be critical.

17. flange

if you read closely what I wrote, I simply told them how to bypass the external flow switch contacts. the integral flow switch is in play and they would need to have ability to find it on the print and know how to fake it. my suspicion is BAS issue. chiller will protect itself. I stand by my sleeping arrangement tonite

392problemchild and knave like this.
  18. pecmsg

pecmsg Junior my ASS

Erick

Send me the ticket
    Coach works
    I'll fly down.

19. HMD

HMD does it matter?

you'll do anything to get outta work!

Texas-Tech likes this.
  20. pecmsg