1. Welcome to Hvacproforums, an interactive community exclusively for HVAC professionals. The collective years of HVAC experience and the knowledge our forum members share make this an invaluable resource for those in the HVAC industry. We have a lot of fun, but make no mistake, we are pros. Hvacproforums is self supporting ...there are NO advertisers here. Do-it-yourselfers and Homeowners are encouraged to seek information elsewhere. Those involved in the HVAC industry are urged to register. its 100% free and easy, Once registered you will have access to the technical forums, Be sure to click over to the new members forum and introduce yourself after registering!

i just bought my first Gun.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by refrigerationtech, Dec 1, 2017.

1. 22blood

22blood red wire nuts only

A 500 would

coldsnap likes this.
  2. 22blood

22blood red wire nuts only

Great gun

3. refrigerationtech

refrigerationtech Nut Case!

ya I was going to buy a 870 express magnum but heard that the quality aint there anymore. blueing sucks.

4. Fred Meebley

Fred Meebley New Member

I can't speak to the quality before and after the last buyout, or to the blueing, but I bought one with a camo wrap about five years ago. It still looks new and has not had one hiccup. I only have about 500 rds through it, but expect it to only get smoother as it gets broke in. This reminds me, I need to get out and shoot it more. It is an excellent shotgun, but I would like to get an old 870 Wingmaster, with the blued barrel and walnut stock, and that smooth as silk action they were known for. Remington don't build them like that anymore.

ub2slo likes this.
  5. chucko615

chucko615 Banned camp counselor

I was talking about the pistols that they've been dumping out lately.

6. refrigerationtech

refrigerationtech Nut Case!

not familiar with there pistols

7. chucko615

chucko615 Banned camp counselor

RP9 is their striker fired POS, sometimes it fires , sometimes it jams, most people use it as a club.

Zman likes this.
  8. Rather B Riding

Rather B Riding Behind bars

I have a first gen LCP 380. It is a long stiff pull. I heard a lot of people bitch about it but brand new out the box I ran the Target to 15 foot. Defense range. 6 rounds rapid fire. 5 we're in a 3.5" group and I pulled on 1 round but was still only at 5" group overall. I bought it for CCW. I thought if I can shoot like that on the first 6 rounds I ever shot from the gun that long stiff pull was not going to bother me at all after 500 rds.
    Ruger now has the LCP 2 with the split trigger design like a Glock. Haven't shot the LCP 2 yet but I love my Glocks.

doc havoc likes this.
  9. frozensolid

frozensolid Psychologist's Dream

For a striker gun the VP9 and the VP9sk are hard to beat. I am not a striker guy but they won me over. The triggers are awesome.

10. Rather B Riding

I started PM service with a new customer. Gun store with firing range and skeet range. There are so many guns I want.

11. Rather B Riding

12. doc havoc

doc havoc A cunning linguist

I found that when I raise a Glock blindly, it always comes up aiming high with the end of the barrel slightly elevated. After talking with some local LEO's, they said many new cops miss their first quick draw shot high because of this. I've taken a liking to my Springfield XD's. They come up level on a quick draw for me every time.

ub2slo and Rather B Riding like this.
  13. Fred Meebley

Fred Meebley New Member

I had one in 9mm, couldn't get used to the long trigger pull. Replaced it with a Glock 42. It's a little bigger, which fits my hand and allows me to actually hit what I'm aiming at sometimes. Do you practice much at the range with your lcp?

14. Rather B Riding

This comes up a lot. The angle of the grip is different than a 1911. First let me say the 1911 is one of the finest firearms ever conceived. I have two of them and had both long before I ever bought a Glock. The simplicity and reliability of the Glock got me interested. It takes a little time to get use to for some people. Just as trigger pull. It's not for everyone. "Shoot more. Shoot more often. " I was told that a long time ago and it is so true. Not a fan of the XD but to each his own. I just like guns some more than others but I like them all. Just something to read.
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum...-lets-discuss-grip-angles.html#/topics/174545

doc havoc likes this.
  15. doc havoc

Not as much as I should. Ive put about 500 rounds through it. Its accurate enough at 20-25'. I carry it on my ankle. I have an XDS 45 I carry IWB.

22blood and Fred Meebley like this.
  16. doc havoc

As many in that thread said, it's what feels comfortable to the shooter. I agree with many of them regarding the "hump" on the Glock grip. It just didn't feel right. The grip angle wasn't difficult for me to compensate for. But I did have to think about it. Practice and muscle memory would quickly fix it. I also didn't care for how the S&W grip felt in my hand. The XD just felt like a natural grip for me.

Rather B Riding likes this.
  17. Rather B Riding

:hijacked: sorry refrigerationtech nice shot gun. I like those too! Got a 410 when I was 12. Still have it.

Fred Meebley likes this.
  18. Zman

Zman Hanging by a Thread

Sounds like a Business Marriage made in Heaven. :D

19. doc havoc

X2 @refrigerationtech
    Didn't mean to hijack. It seems to happen with nearly every thread. I'm actually considering shopping for a new shotgun. That is a nice gun.

20. doc havoc

I had an old Winchester model 140 (?). I used it as a trade because it only held 3 rounds of 2-3/4". Was a nice gun, but not very practical for anything.