1. Welcome to Hvacproforums, an interactive community exclusively for HVAC professionals. The collective years of HVAC experience and the knowledge our forum members share make this an invaluable resource for those in the HVAC industry. We have a lot of fun, but make no mistake, we are pros. Hvacproforums is self supporting ...there are NO advertisers here. Do-it-yourselfers and Homeowners are encouraged to seek information elsewhere. Those involved in the HVAC industry are urged to register. its 100% free and easy, Once registered you will have access to the technical forums, Be sure to click over to the new members forum and introduce yourself after registering!

i just bought my first Gun.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by refrigerationtech, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Rather B Riding

Rather B Riding Behind bars

I'm going to go broke but the gun safes will be full. :D

jpb2 likes this.
  2. Zman

Zman Hanging by a Thread

Any good suggestions for a First time Handgun? Lots of open land around Here,just about everyone else here does backyard target shooting, time i joined in. My friend down the road allows Hunting on His property, but I'm not looking to take out Bambi just yet! Shotgun will come next.

3. Rather B Riding

The possibilities are endless. So many guns so little time. I did a lot of reading before I bought my first handgun. Double action, single action, DA only, know what you are looking for first. My suggestions would just be my opinion. Dad taught me to shoot handguns with a H&R 32. Hard to even find ammo for it anymore. All I can say is buy a quality firearm. If it's cheap it's cheap. Stay away. All else is just preference.

Zman likes this.
  4. doc havoc

doc havoc A cunning linguist

I'm a big fan of wheel guns (revolvers) for their simplicity and reliability. Especially as a first handgun. Get a .357 and you can save a little money plinking because you can shoot .38's through it with no modifications.

jpb2, Fred Meebley and Zman like this.
  5. Zman

Zman Hanging by a Thread

I'll always spend a little more for Quality! Just need something simple,easy aim,not much kick.

6. Zman

Zman Hanging by a Thread

What's reasonable,under 5 bills,or so?

7. Rather B Riding

The question is... What for just plinking, CCW ?? OR just to get started in firearms?

8. Fred Meebley

Fred Meebley New Member

I like to recommend Glock 19 for first handgun. Simple, reliable, economical, more accurate than most of us are capable of shooting it.

Zman likes this.
  9. Rather B Riding

Start small and work your way up. IMG_20160110_150349598.jpg

10. Rather B Riding

Agreed

11. Zman

Zman Hanging by a Thread

Just basic target shooting. Probably just for the first year or so before I would upgrade. Get used to proper procedures, safety wise and maintenance and of course usage!

12. Rather B Riding

Ruger Mark III . 22lr plinking is still cool and the ammo is cheap. Ruger 10/22 for long guns. :D

jpb2 and Fred Meebley like this.
  13. Zman

Zman Hanging by a Thread

After watching that video, I'm leaning towards the 19. Now I just need to conveniently leave some brochures and magazines lying around the house, and hope Santa is good to me. :D

Fred Meebley likes this.
  14. Bustawrench

Bustawrench Knucklehead

My brother carries one, he has no trouble with it.

I shot it a couple times at the range, nice little gun but it's a bit small for my hands.

15. Catpower

Catpower The Crowd Pleaser

Get a Browning Buckmark, in my opinion one of the best .22 s there are, every body says they are no good for self defense but at about 50 ft I can put 11 rapid fire rounds in a melon the size of a human skull

When ever any of our city slicker friends come out for the weekend they always shoot, I always put them down with the Buckmark, or the Springfield 1911, or the S&W 9, or the S&W 629, or the High Standard .22 (almost as good as the buck but all steel so it is a little heavier)

Then we fire up the Atlas trap thrower, and it is party time, the only thing about that is Ila is almost as good as I am but not quite there yet, I taught her well:lachen::lachen::lachen:

A/C guy's girl and Zman like this.
  16. ub2slo

ub2slo trane service tech

Same grip angle as 1911

17. Rather B Riding

Colt 70 series 1911 1512253990742-1094278725.jpg

jpb2, crackertech and doc havoc like this.
  18. chucko615

chucko615 Banned camp counselor

20160526_131504.jpg 20160528_195953.jpg This is my everyday carry now. 20160526_131504.jpg 20160528_195953.jpg 20150625_223353.jpg I use to carry this Sig 1911 and I still will put a P938 or 238 in the pocket of my jacket in winter.

Zman and doc havoc like this.
  19. 22blood

22blood red wire nuts only

Ruger 9E
    17+1 9mm, $310. Need to clean after 1,000 rounds. Never jams. Can trick it out if you want like i did

Zman likes this.
  20. refrigerationtech

refrigerationtech Nut Case!

doc no issues I have no issue with anyone hijacking my thread. all input is good input.