1. Welcome to Hvacproforums, an interactive community exclusively for HVAC professionals. The collective years of HVAC experience and the knowledge our forum members share make this an invaluable resource for those in the HVAC industry. We have a lot of fun, but make no mistake, we are pros. Hvacproforums is self supporting ...there are NO advertisers here. Do-it-yourselfers and Homeowners are encouraged to seek information elsewhere. Those involved in the HVAC industry are urged to register. its 100% free and easy, Once registered you will have access to the technical forums, Be sure to click over to the new members forum and introduce yourself after registering!

Ice, anyone???

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by newtech, Nov 14, 2017.

1. crackertech

crackertech assholiness *

It tastes like,,,,,,,,, beer on the ocean

2. doc havoc

doc havoc A cunning linguist

:nono: :puke:

3. MOFO the psychic gorilla

MOFO the psychic gorilla sitting on two achers

J water cooled?

[​IMG]

4. MOFO the psychic gorilla

IMG_20151005_155452_018_zpspc0izjtg.jpg IMG_20151012_161847_620_zpsmr5dqak5_edit_1444699570579_zpsd3oy0fsw.jpg

5. Catpower

Catpower The Crowd Pleaser

We have a 240 lb Manitowoc in our house, it is about 13 years old and has never been cleaned, but it is still about as clean as when it was new, guess the dead soft water does help

doc havoc likes this.
  6. Zman

Zman Hanging by a Thread

Some High School dropout working in a kitchen, making minimum wage ain't gonna care about the sanitary conditions of the area where the Food your about consume is being prepared. Not enough Health Inspectors to Red Flag the Bad ones.

Texas-Tech, mike1020 and doc havoc like this.
  7. Rather B Riding

Rather B Riding Behind bars

Most health inspectors never even look at the ice machine. Most just open the bin to make sure no one has stuck a bottle of pop down in the ice. And the bin door is usually pretty nasty. No one ever cleans it. Except for me if I get stuck with cleaning the ice machine.

doc havoc likes this.
  8. newtech

newtech 636

:puke:

Rather B Riding likes this.
  9. doc havoc

doc havoc A cunning linguist

We looked at pics today in class. Also read the article that was originally posted. Pretty disgusting when the toilet water is cleaner than the ice cubes. Entire class is having second thoughts about eating in public. One of the many downsides to our career I guess. Sometimes, ignorance is truly bliss.

10. Catpower

When I was in Thailand some bars made you buy a set up because you brought your own booze, after the ice would melt there would be silt in the bottom of the glass,I guess the Crown killed what ever was in the ice, cause I never got sick from it

11. Zman

Zman Hanging by a Thread

You must have a High Tolerance...to the Booze I mean.

Catpower likes this.
  12. Rather B Riding

The old saying" if it don't kill you it will make you stronger" comes to mind. I did a lot of restaurant refrigeration at the last place I worked. At one point I had phobia about it too and I still have a few places I will not eat but it won't kill you. I didn't get a drink with ice for about a month after that machine. LoL

13. Catpower

The Canuks took good care of their allies, we could buy an imperial quart of Crown for $2.10, that's 40 oz, a 40 pounder,a bag of fun, I would kill all but about an inch in the bottom of the bottle daily

After our post flight briefing, you had three heavy decisions to make. Get drunk, get high, get laid or get high get drunk and get laid, or get laid get drunk and get high

#1 was the general SOP:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

We would go to the NCO club for there continuous happy hour two drinks for the price of one $0.25 and get a cold towel massage (waist up at the club)

Everything there was so cheap you had to abuse it:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

14. Rather B Riding

@doc havoc took these just for you and your class. The company I'm at now is not a refrigeration contractor but when refer calls come up it's usually me that runs the call. This Scotsman ice machine is in a public works Dept building. We do the HVAC but the ice machine is not included. Scotsman has only 2 fault codes. Refrigeration and water but it at least points you to the right direction. When I got here the bin was 1/2 full and it was not running. Pulled the front cover and had no fault codes just said bin full. Well I just saw it was 1/2 empty. Because I'm familiar with these machines I knew what the problem was right away. I have a tech manual for almost every machine I've worked on. Knowing sequence of operation is key. The Scotsman CME has photo eye system to know when the bin is full. If there is nothing in the shoot it should be running unless...........
    It's too dirty. There's my instant diagnosis. This was a quick easy repair and I recommend a full tear down cleaning that I will save for a cold nasty weather day. IMG_20171116_110652213.jpg

Attached Files:

MNHVAC, doc havoc and crackertech like this.
  15. MOFO the psychic gorilla

16. knave

knave Undeterred

Even
    Even the Psychic Gorilla holds that in a clear dish!

17. MOFO the psychic gorilla

18. MOFO the psychic gorilla

19. MNHVAC

MNHVAC Man on a mission

20. MNHVAC

MNHVAC Man on a mission

Thanks for the pics.

Rather B Riding likes this.