1. Welcome to Hvacproforums, an interactive community exclusively for HVAC professionals. The collective years of HVAC experience and the knowledge our forum members share make this an invaluable resource for those in the HVAC industry. We have a lot of fun, but make no mistake, we are pros. Hvacproforums is self supporting ...there are NO advertisers here. Do-it-yourselfers and Homeowners are encouraged to seek information elsewhere. Those involved in the HVAC industry are urged to register. its 100% free and easy, Once registered you will have access to the technical forums, Be sure to click over to the new members forum and introduce yourself after registering!

Infrared Radiant.

Discussion in 'Commercial' started by Zman, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Zman

Zman Hanging by a Thread

Any Good inspection Practices when checking Infrared Tube Style Heaters. Have some to look over next week,nothing huge, 10 feet long tube style in a Food warehouse setting. Scissor lift needed,that sucks. Be my first time,not sure what brand or style. I know the Basics, burner compartment,inspect tubes for cracks or separation,vent pipe integrity,gas connection, maybe even gas pressure,inducer motor and fan. Any good tips appreciated,except don't fall out of lift,I already know that one.

2. Joeysmith

Joeysmith New Member

Don't drive the lift off the loading dock. Never touched a tube heater though.

3. otto

otto Bakery Chef

If there are intake filters they need to be clean. Look for soot at the termination outside. Many times the burner and pilot are too rusted to take apart so if it works but looks like shit then leave it alone and make note of it.

Zman likes this.
  4. oroy54

oroy54 New Member

I used to use one in the 80's. We had 15 furnace's that ran 15 to 1800F. I was like a scope used only by one eye. We were watching for coking problem's in the tubes. One morning I found a tube laying on the floor of the furnace.
    Now we had this dick head engineer that no one liked that did not believe me and wanted the scope. Unknown to me someone had put neverseeze around the eyepiece.

otto, Zman and Chuck like this.