1. Welcome to Hvacproforums, an interactive community exclusively for HVAC professionals. The collective years of HVAC experience and the knowledge our forum members share make this an invaluable resource for those in the HVAC industry. We have a lot of fun, but make no mistake, we are pros. Hvacproforums is self supporting ...there are NO advertisers here. Do-it-yourselfers and Homeowners are encouraged to seek information elsewhere. Those involved in the HVAC industry are urged to register. its 100% free and easy, Once registered you will have access to the technical forums, Be sure to click over to the new members forum and introduce yourself after registering!

Intellipak compressor trip

Discussion in 'Commercial' started by iceout70, May 17, 2017.

1. iceout70

iceout70 New Member

Customer reset unit twice and it was running when I got there all looks good. The manual does not say much any ideas?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

2. pecmsg

pecmsg Junior my ASS

Keep resetting until something blows up

Bustawrench likes this.
  3. iceout70

iceout70 New Member

I can't it runs fine

4. jays 65

jays 65 New Member

had a account those intellipacks about drove me crazy every week would randomly trip on something

5. Seacurrent

Seacurrent New Member

Look in the history and see what caused the last 2 trips.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Bustawrench likes this.
  6. iceout70

iceout70 New Member

All it says is compressor trip and the previous one was a bas trip

7. NZ All Blacks Fan

NZ All Blacks Fan Just Another swinging Dick

check power supply - look for low/high voltages check connection slook for burnt/overheating connections

575/600v units are notorious for crankcase heater issues

8. iceout70

iceout70 New Member

I will check it out thanks

9. Seacurrent

Seacurrent New Member

There's usually 3 things that give that trip if I remember correctly. The wiring diagram should show you high pressure, over current and, compressor temp sensor. My experience has been that it is usually a faulty overload or bad temp sensor. When it is only an occasional nuisance trip I put "tattletale" type fuses across the safeties to determine where the trip is coming from.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

10. iceout70

iceout70 New Member

I will check each one thanks

11. Tap

Tap i hate it when a velociraptor throws poop at me

Pull the terminal cover on the compressors after you kill power to the unit you most likely will see a small round peckerhead with two terminals just below the main peckerhead, make sure those connections are tight if there is any play or corrosion clean em up/ put new terminals on the wires. Also check the aux's on the contactors if it calls for a compressor and the aux doesn't send a closure to the controls it will alarm i just cant remember what alarm it is. There's also some contacts behind the factory breakers on some of those units that also will send an alarm and lock out that circuit if it doesn't see closure as it thinks the breaker is tripped.

Good Luck and god speed :mrbill:

Jim54, Seacurrent and frozensolid like this.
  12. frozensolid

frozensolid Psychologist's Dream

Tighten the Compressor and Contactor terminals. Also ohm out contactor coil(s)

Tap and Jim54 like this.
  13. Jim54

Jim54 New Member

Compressor trip? Which compressor? Put it in test mode and run eveything. Try to get something to fail in front of you. Are all of your condenser fan motors running? (High head trip) Any burnback on the compressor wiring both in the terminal box or contactors
    ( High amp draw/winding sensor trip)? Contactors ok? Connections good on safeties (high ohms trip)? Compressor circuit breakers ok on must hold/must trip? Sometimes it can take a bit to pin it down.

14. pintofstout

pintofstout New Member

This trip is very vague. It consists of the safety chain (as noted in the manual) which goes to the scroll board, the scroll board itself, and one more thing they don't mention anywhere.... The aux relays on the contactors.

Really annoying that a tripped breaker takes out the entire circuit of cooling btw....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk