1. Welcome to Hvacproforums, an interactive community exclusively for HVAC professionals. The collective years of HVAC experience and the knowledge our forum members share make this an invaluable resource for those in the HVAC industry. We have a lot of fun, but make no mistake, we are pros. Hvacproforums is self supporting ...there are NO advertisers here. Do-it-yourselfers and Homeowners are encouraged to seek information elsewhere. Those involved in the HVAC industry are urged to register. its 100% free and easy, Once registered you will have access to the technical forums, Be sure to click over to the new members forum and introduce yourself after registering!

JrHS Honors Nite

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by MOFO the psychic gorilla, May 26, 2017.

1. MOFO the psychic gorilla

MOFO the psychic gorilla sitting on two achers

I've used 45 but i suck at it
    15 everything!!

2. MOFO the psychic gorilla

Change in load and condencer ambient conditions.

oroy54 likes this.
  3. oroy54

oroy54 New Member

I can see that the low side of the txv brazing is 45. Then the high side brazing is 22. You guys taught me well. Don't ban me yet. Beer helps

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
  4. oroy54

oroy54 New Member

Mitts, that sounds good for the snowman, maybe, kinda, iffy . If so where do I put the bulb?

5. MOFO the psychic gorilla

Outlet of the evap before any oil traps on top of the pipe 12 o'clock if it's horizontal on a little suction line. That would be a good spot to add a pressure tap and take a pipe temp for superheat measurements and setting the valve up

oroy54 likes this.
  6. HMD

HMD does it matter?

and use stay brite #8

7. crackertech

crackertech assholiness *

:nono:

8. oroy54

oroy54 New Member

Ok Mitts, you said to post up questions. How does a txv work? If I was to guess the liquid in the bulb would condense and the orifice in the txv would close.
    I worked with hydrogen purification units. The gauges had a liquid in them that would condense and affect the gauge pressure. The lower the temp the lower the pressure. 2 phase the vapor phase was -380. And I only have a HS diploma.

9. MOFO the psychic gorilla

I technically wasn't supposed to get my diploma since I failed English in my last semester but I think they just gave it to me anyway because the teacher was a nut.

Anyway you are right. The valve I sent you was a internally equilized valve.

There is a pressure from the sensing bulb that does change with temperature. The higher the temp on the bulb the more the bulb pressure will push against the valve spring on the other side of the dome opening the valve. Suction pressure is an opposing force to the dome bulb pressure as well that works on the spring side. Also there is a tiny adjustment screw behind a Allen key cap on that valve that acts on the spring tension. CW would restrict flow.

oroy54 likes this.
  10. MOFO the psychic gorilla

I was a beauty school drop out

Stay in school kids :deadhorse:

oroy54 likes this.
  11. oroy54

oroy54 New Member

This is why I say college is not for everyone. I wasn't one of them and I knew it. Trade schools is the way to go.

R2D2-TX and doc havoc like this.
  12. MOFO the psychic gorilla

The trip I took to check out Purdue with my oldest really bummed me out. Looked like a better fit for me. Maybe I would have stayed in school. I really like what I do but it's tough on the old bag o bones

13. oroy54

oroy54 New Member

Mitts, the Snowman has to freeze over so the bulb will be covered up. So vertical or horizontal what's the difference? And about the tap, it will be 6" long. Ice and frost tend to creep.
    Mitt's last year the super heat was 0 to 1F The subcooling was 70F. I hope I said that right.

14. oroy54

oroy54 New Member

15. oroy54

oroy54 New Member

Or the military.

16. MOFO the psychic gorilla

Roy I'm almost positive that txv was for medium temp and thought you might want it for the coke machine. If you are going to try it with a snow man I'd use the end of where you want the ice to stop be where you mount the bulb. You could take care of the tail with pipe insulation. You should also insulate the bulb whatever you mount it to. The ice on the snowman will warmer than the pipe and not get a good reading.
    That subcooling of 70 might not be correct.

17. oroy54

oroy54 New Member

Mitts, I am game for anything at the time. I experiment with propane then when I get it right I will put in 6 oz of 22 for a display or Parade.
    Yes it is, Mitts.