1. Welcome to Hvacproforums, an interactive community exclusively for HVAC professionals. The collective years of HVAC experience and the knowledge our forum members share make this an invaluable resource for those in the HVAC industry. We have a lot of fun, but make no mistake, we are pros. Hvacproforums is self supporting ...there are NO advertisers here. Do-it-yourselfers and Homeowners are encouraged to seek information elsewhere. Those involved in the HVAC industry are urged to register. its 100% free and easy, Once registered you will have access to the technical forums, Be sure to click over to the new members forum and introduce yourself after registering!

Latest project

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Catpower, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Catpower

Catpower The Crowd Pleaser

I was reading in a thread @HMD was looking at a a Porter Cable plunge router, this is what I did with a Bosch 1617EVS router I got from CPO for $129 it is a factory reman with the same warranty, generally these sell for $239-259.I like it because the fixed base is set up so you can riase or lower the motor from the top. An Allen wrench fits through the little hole in front of the base to do it

I was going to weld up a base but the day i got the wild hair to build it it was cold as hell and the welding shop takes for ever to heat up, so I made the stand out of ash and covered it with India ink, looks pretty good R table1.jpg R table 2.jpg R table 3.jpg

frozensolid, sline-dawg, HMD and 5 others like this.
  2. Catpower

Anybody want to guess how long it will be before I put a cover on the switch?:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

But I did get the T track inlaid on the fences though

3. Texas-Tech

Texas-Tech Official Geezer*

Never

Catpower likes this.
  4. Zman

Zman Hanging by a Thread

Was gonna bring that up, so I'll just pick on the air filters in the background. Either used and not disposed of, or soon will be covered in sawdust and will need to be disposed of!

Catpower likes this.
  5. HMD

HMD does it matter?

good memory, rick.
    nice build. i gotta make a table. sometime.
    i bought a p/c 895 kit, 2 1/4 hp with fixed and plunge bases

Catpower likes this.
  6. flange

flange Act like you care and do SOMETHING!!

given the budget I could get your sawdust down to 12% moisture content without an oven. that's all I can see related to hvac-r-ww

A/C guy's girl likes this.
  7. Catpower

I keep it at 6-7%

8. Catpower

That PC is a good router,I just bought the Bosch's because they were on a super sale

If you flip the PC router over does it have provisions for an Allen wrench on the bottom of the base to raise and lower the motor? I never even thought about it when I got these and was rather impressed with the forward thinking

I never thought I would have much use for a router table, I have 2 shapers, and can use router bits in one of them, but it is a royal PITA to change bits, and top end on it is 12,000 RPM, with the smaller router cutters 12,000 needs to be at least twice that, these go to 33,000, nice smooth job

9. Catpower

They have gone through about 10 "cleanings" I just blow them out, but the ones that were in while I was spraying shellac and urethane, are pretty much history, guess I will have to buy some more or blow out what I have left more often:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

10. HMD

HMD does it matter?

yep, it has a base/table adjuster. the price for the dual bases was right.
    i have a bosch laminate trimmer, from back when bosch built in the USA. great tool.

Catpower likes this.