1. Welcome to Hvacproforums, an interactive community exclusively for HVAC professionals. The collective years of HVAC experience and the knowledge our forum members share make this an invaluable resource for those in the HVAC industry. We have a lot of fun, but make no mistake, we are pros. Hvacproforums is self supporting ...there are NO advertisers here. Do-it-yourselfers and Homeowners are encouraged to seek information elsewhere. Those involved in the HVAC industry are urged to register. its 100% free and easy, Once registered you will have access to the technical forums, Be sure to click over to the new members forum and introduce yourself after registering!

Left hand drill bits

Discussion in 'Tools and Test Equip' started by Sdeery, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Sdeery

Sdeery Machinist in training

Hi Everyone,
    I am looking to buy a decent set of left hand drill bits.
    I know I can get a set from harbor freight, but honestly if we are at the point of having a broken bolt, the situation is bad.

sdeery

2. HMD

HMD does it matter?

you're a mechanic, and know what quality is.
    https://www.mcmaster.com/#left-hand-drill-bits/=16bqydl

3. Sdeery

Sdeery Machinist in training

Hi HMD,
    I know quality, had to tap a fairly large hole by hand. The tap I was given was made in China, and it cut some, but the go gauge wouldn't go. I found an old Made in USA tap and it cut better (despite having been worn and a little beat up)

Work ordered a set, over a year ago ....
    sdeery