1. Welcome to Hvacproforums, an interactive community exclusively for HVAC professionals. The collective years of HVAC experience and the knowledge our forum members share make this an invaluable resource for those in the HVAC industry. We have a lot of fun, but make no mistake, we are pros. Hvacproforums is self supporting ...there are NO advertisers here. Do-it-yourselfers and Homeowners are encouraged to seek information elsewhere. Those involved in the HVAC industry are urged to register. its 100% free and easy, Once registered you will have access to the technical forums, Be sure to click over to the new members forum and introduce yourself after registering!

lennox novar systems

Discussion in 'Commercial' started by refrigerationtech, Sep 3, 2010.

1. refrigerationtech

refrigerationtech Nut Case!

anyone have info on these systems. we just picked up a national account that are controled by this system.

2. Iraqveteran

Iraqveteran Zija Independent Distributor

I have worked with them once a few years back.

All I can remember is that the systems are totally controlled off site by a parent monitoring company.

If they still operate the same way, you need to call them when on site and retrieve some sort of code to force the systems into a manual override in order to perform your work and tests. Then you need to return the systems back to auto so that Novar regains control of the system.

If its anything like Profile systems at all, its nothing more than a headache every time you have to deal with them.

3. genesis

genesis Bass fishing guru

I used to have 4 national accounts that used NOVAR. They are as good as the installation. A bad install on a new building will give you fits. Play nice with the dispatcher they can ruin your weekend. On Lennox they can pull the codes for you on the roof top units and can prepair you before you dispatch someone. And carry a box of 1/2 amp glass buss fuses for the daisy chain.

4. iron

iron we men are wretched things

just a daisey chain, no big deal
    even if the install is wrong the unit will still run in default till ya figger it out
    Novar has been around a long time
    all the home depots use it
    never had a problem I could not fix with em

5. Bender

Bender They call me...Tater Salad

Lowe's uses Novar as well.....

All controlled from North Carolina....

There were days when I thought the van server was running them....:banghead:

6. otto

otto Bakery Chef

Linens N Things had them. They were OK to work on, just call and have the ubit turned on/off etc. Your job is on the unit, not the Novar.

7. refrigerationtech

well would not the laptop hook up to the phone jack thingy on the novar?

8. refrigerationtech

any literature i could get downloaded be appriciated/

9. BigChillin

BigChillin I did that once, at some point.

Not much lit you can down load as far as novar goes. and it depends on who's doing the monitoring, Novar, Pheonix, or other companies. I used to work for Comfort systems usa. They did the monitoring for Petco. But Pheonix took over from novar for the Office Depots. And depends on whether they are using the 3 wire bus bar communication or the old school lennox/novar ETM (2050's I think they are). Good luck. Message me if I can help. How the sensors are wired and the humidity sensors on new installs will screw with your head.

10. subydoo

subydoo New Member

Almost all walmarts use Novar, Its really a simple deal.........whether it be on Aaon, Lennox, etc... As it has already been stated on the Lennox systems alot of times they can give you the codes over the phone, if not put the unit in default, if the board is still accessable put the unit in recall and pull the codes yourself....also make sure before you work on the system to find out if the store has to call in to the monitoring company and put the unit in test, typically you only run into this on large units like Munters.

mike1020 likes this.
  11. Mcool

Mcool Pipe layer

What work you do ?

12. subydoo

subydoo New Member

Mostly Commercial and Residential HVAC

13. Mcool

Mcool Pipe layer

Oh :bump:

14. joseph

joseph New Member

How do you put the unit into default? Im going to a babies r us novar has lost communication with site and I need to bypass all the systems until they can figure out what happened.

15. pecmsg

pecmsg Junior my ASS

You could start by reading the site rules....................

never mind, theirs plenty of time while fishing! @crackertech

7 1/2 Years Old really!

16. jettinvr6sc

jettinvr6sc New Member

Hello new guy
    If they have Lennox RTUs they will default to operate on return air sensor . If the original Novar tech setup the proper Ecto parameters. BTW dress warm..

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  17. crackertech

crackertech assholiness *

Joseph read the site rules and there's no need to drag up a old thread just post your questions in a new thread. And start a new members thread and tell us what you do in the trade

18. pecmsg

pecmsg Junior my ASS

You want a lot from the new guy! :lol:

19. flange

flange Act like you care and do SOMETHING!!

good all its 59 there right now....brrrrr

20. jettinvr6sc

jettinvr6sc New Member

Heat wave at bant camp?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk