1. Welcome to Hvacproforums, an interactive community exclusively for HVAC professionals. The collective years of HVAC experience and the knowledge our forum members share make this an invaluable resource for those in the HVAC industry. We have a lot of fun, but make no mistake, we are pros. Hvacproforums is self supporting ...there are NO advertisers here. Do-it-yourselfers and Homeowners are encouraged to seek information elsewhere. Those involved in the HVAC industry are urged to register. its 100% free and easy, Once registered you will have access to the technical forums, Be sure to click over to the new members forum and introduce yourself after registering!

Let's talk about leak detectors

Discussion in 'Tools and Test Equip' started by Bustawrench, Jan 5, 2017.

1. coldsnap

coldsnap -20 on the money

Fixed
    :D

mike1020 likes this.
  2. Bustawrench

Bustawrench Knucklehead

Its amazing to me hat the damn d-tek wont work on ff the wall cord.

Theres gotta be a better way.

But, i'm not hearing too many good things about the h10, so i guess I'll just stick with what i got.

3. Jon

Jon Team Canada

Fkn H10 started acting squirly so plugged it in to charge.. stripped case apart and found leak on high pressure switch cap tube . Rubbed through . Only dropped 25 psi last night too so just a tiny leak. Now on pump and I'm eating some lunch

knave likes this.
  4. knave

knave Undeterred

I want a Bacharach PGM-IR

5. Chuck

Chuck The Other Dude

6. Chuck

Chuck The Other Dude

7. mike1020

mike1020 entitled millennial

I told Evan it's a waste of his money to buy one out of pocket.

If the shop provides it that's one thing, but a mechanic shouldn't have to buy a single piece of equipment that costs $3000

Daryl_Dixon likes this.
  8. Daryl_Dixon

Daryl_Dixon New Member

Or even $300

Beyond basic hand tools (which is even arguable), employees shouldn't be tasked with "self-funding" costly specialty tools and complex diagnostic equipment for their employers. I gave up on this about ten years ago.

freeworld likes this.
  9. Zman

Zman Hanging by a Thread

Just spent 3 Ben Franklin's on a Prowler,i hope if works better than my 10 year old TIF. Can't keep carrying 2 gallons of Soap Bubbles up to a RTU.I need to at least try an pinpoint first!

10. LemonWizard

LemonWizard Blinky Lights Wizard

Zman, Daryl_Dixon and Catpower like this.
  11. Daryl_Dixon

Daryl_Dixon New Member

12. jays 65

jays 65 New Member

i hate all of em we got brand new fieldpeice with the heated diode .turned the mofo on walking across the roof and it alerts? gives false positives all the time.ill stick with soap bubbles and nitrogen will find any leak