1. Welcome to Hvacproforums, an interactive community exclusively for HVAC professionals. The collective years of HVAC experience and the knowledge our forum members share make this an invaluable resource for those in the HVAC industry. We have a lot of fun, but make no mistake, we are pros. Hvacproforums is self supporting ...there are NO advertisers here. Do-it-yourselfers and Homeowners are encouraged to seek information elsewhere. Those involved in the HVAC industry are urged to register. its 100% free and easy, Once registered you will have access to the technical forums, Be sure to click over to the new members forum and introduce yourself after registering!

Low suction

Discussion in 'Residential' started by jamesyarbrough, Sep 22, 2017.

1. jpb2

jpb2 Dog Tard *

Blind squirrel finds a nut now and again

Anita sannich likes this.
  2. jamesyarbrough

jamesyarbrough Amateur Gynecologist

someone had cut out the txv previously. I suspect because it was freezing up.

3. Chuck

Chuck SSP

IF your thermometer is accurate and IF you got a good average of the supply temps, I think the only thing that fits is a mixed refrigerant issue, or possibly air bypassing the evaporator.

Low airflow should give a much higher than 15 split so it must not be low airflow.

One other thing is a bypass around the evaporator, this would be consistent with your measurements.

knave and jamesyarbrough like this.
  4. jamesyarbrough

jamesyarbrough Amateur Gynecologist

It was replaced today with a high quality bryant system. :D

Problem solved....if not it won't be MY problem anyway. :lachen:

jpb2 likes this.
  5. Rather B Riding

Rather B Riding Behind bars

That will fix it. :beer:

6. MarkusOreallyis-CMS

MarkusOreallyis-CMS New Member

2000 BTU's wouldn't make the system inoperable, or not cool, the suction would rise slightly & the Head would drop slightly, without a piston change, but a drastic change that prevents cooling,
    I would've like to know what the Air temp entering the A/H AT THE ENTERING SIDE OF THE COIL, and the supply temp, Vs the Air Temp entering the RA Filter or RA Grill, I often find leakage at the Air handler's themselves, Whether the Plenum drops off, or a lousy tape job peels, or someone caused damage to the RA Ductwork or Plenum,
    If the system was still in operation I would have asked you if anyone had checked to see if the Aux Heat was energized somehow, either by a miswired Stat, or internally miswired during a previous repair, It's amazing how often I come a cross this issue,
    Anything but the 2000BTUH difference in the new compressor

7. doc havoc

doc havoc A cunning linguist

8. crackertech

crackertech assholiness *

Poof :D

jpb2 and doc havoc like this.
  9. crackertech

crackertech assholiness *

Sorry you can’t follow the rules

10. doc havoc

doc havoc A cunning linguist

That's quite magical how that "poof" works.

jpb2 likes this.
  11. Zman

Zman Hanging by a Thread

If-thou-art-pained-by-any.jpg