1. Welcome to Hvacproforums, an interactive community exclusively for HVAC professionals. The collective years of HVAC experience and the knowledge our forum members share make this an invaluable resource for those in the HVAC industry. We have a lot of fun, but make no mistake, we are pros. Hvacproforums is self supporting ...there are NO advertisers here. Do-it-yourselfers and Homeowners are encouraged to seek information elsewhere. Those involved in the HVAC industry are urged to register. its 100% free and easy, Once registered you will have access to the technical forums, Be sure to click over to the new members forum and introduce yourself after registering!

Markets

Discussion in 'Commercial' started by pintofstout, Sep 26, 2017.

1. flange

flange Act like you care and do SOMETHING!!

we once had factory start up on a 200 ton condensing unit for a built up system. installing contractor pushed to do the job with forecast of rain over a weekend. they hooked up a vacuum pump to any port they could find, lol. overnight it rained for about six hours HARD. one pump failed, the others sucked a shit ton of moisture in that system. long story short, office building didn't have cooling for a week and a half while we dehydrated it, changed driers and oil in the screws....ugly indeed

newtech and mike1020 like this.
  2. flange

always remember...............40 years ago dudes put shit in, blew some 12 or 22 through to push out air then let it rip. some of those systems are still effing running......:screwy::chairshot:

newtech, Texas-Tech, GTT and 5 others like this.
  3. Jon

Jon Team Canada

Had to pump down a protocol and change an evap coil in a walk in today . Valves weren't holding and getting lots of phosgene . Purged that bitch and let her fly . No ball valves isolating systems either so had to pump down the whole system. No sense pulling a vacuum , mirrored all my welds and coil came with nitrogen charge.

Texas-Tech and mike1020 like this.
  4. mike1020

mike1020 entitled millennial

Did the protocol have the dinky little receiver that is too small and doesn't have enough room to pump down the system?

5. crackertech

crackertech assholiness *

Stack some in the condenser first ,,,, duh :chairshot:

Zman likes this.
  6. Jon

Jon Team Canada

Well the reason for changing coil as it was leaking so sightglass was flashing like crazy. Pumped down in no time :lachen: had to add a 100#lbs to clear sight glass after repairs

7. Jon

Jon Team Canada

Couldn't really do that anyhow its hot out here today so condenser was running balls out. Unless im missing something :dunno:

8. crackertech

Damn kids :nono:

Chuck likes this.
  9. Jon

Jon Team Canada

Do tell , maybe im just brain dead. Well thats a given. But this protocol has no hold back valve and just runs off fan cycling. And all fans were running today. So how would i stack in the condenser? I valved off condensate from condenser so obviously that will be stacking up on the roof in condenser and reciever?

10. mike1020

Most the ones here are water cooled on a cooling tower and the condenser is a brazed plate heat exchanger that doesn't hold hardly anything

11. jays 65

jays 65 New Member

SWOOP CHARGE LOL some of the old timers told me about that

12. mike1020

When the piggly wiggly in prairie du chien was first built that's what they did

Chuck likes this.
  13. flange

they just called it duponting around me.

pintofstout and knave like this.
  14. Chuck

Chuck SSP

What are you talking about, the last few guy that have touched it did the same thing lol

Jon likes this.
  15. pintofstout

pintofstout New Member

Yeah but that was before POE too. And when the cost of a jug of r22 was less then a pound of it now.

But yeah.... You're right, i know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. somedude

somedude Senior Stalker & PITA, aka zachhvac

Both times i did markets i never saw anyone use a pump.
    Everything was hacked to death and for the most part filthy.
    If you did the job right they accused you of camping , yet nothing ever really got fixed properly

17. Chuck

Chuck SSP

Dirty oily rack rooms are really annoying when you're looking for a leak. If only they were kept clean, you could find the leak easily.

18. frozensolid

frozensolid Psychologist's Dream

Not in Publix. They do it right.

19. crackertech

X2 for the most part

20. flange

poe will collect more moisture from mishandling, leaving the cap open etc, than it will from an average system. Guys cry about moisture in the system, then leave jugs of the oil with open tops inside units, inside mechanical rooms etc, where it is susceptible to collecting moisture. compare that to whats inside a decent system.