1. Welcome to Hvacproforums, an interactive community exclusively for HVAC professionals. The collective years of HVAC experience and the knowledge our forum members share make this an invaluable resource for those in the HVAC industry. We have a lot of fun, but make no mistake, we are pros. Hvacproforums is self supporting ...there are NO advertisers here. Do-it-yourselfers and Homeowners are encouraged to seek information elsewhere. Those involved in the HVAC industry are urged to register. its 100% free and easy, Once registered you will have access to the technical forums, Be sure to click over to the new members forum and introduce yourself after registering!

MO99 vs 407c

Discussion in 'Residential' started by jamesyarbrough, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Zman

Zman Hanging by a Thread

Can't Babysit the system year round! So,we do the best we can. Everyone has different methods,so I'll take the advice and Hard Nock lessons from those before me. And do the best I can.

R2D2-TX likes this.
  2. Zman

Zman Hanging by a Thread

Point is,you can't Guarantee 100%, there are no more leaks...but it works!

3. AEW

AEW New Member

Sure but to drop 4lbs of r22 in to a system and have it leak out in 4 days.... Might as well sell the customer 2 window shakers to get by until the real repair/replacement is done.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

4. Zman

Zman Hanging by a Thread

I would think that Pisser would show itself. Me thinks?

5. AEW

AEW New Member

My original post in this thread was with regards to post #3. Refilling a system with a known leak is illegal where I operate.

6. R2D2-TX

R2D2-TX New Member

FYI AEW we did offer this customer a portable ac unit so she could consider replacement... she wanted it added or she would call someone else to do it. Sorry you are but hurt over a customers bad decision.
    Btw what is your guarantee of your leak repair is it 100% if so how long?

7. AEW

AEW New Member

I'm just not in to doing illegal things, I'm not butt hurt about anything. I dictate what I will and won't do for a customer, I won't let some old sea hag tell me what I'm going to do, your the expert not the customer, so why would stoop down to their level.

You don't think they're gonna bad mouth you behind your back when they pay for freon to last 4 days??

I don't tell my car mechanic how to fix my car....

8. Zman

Zman Hanging by a Thread

Fixed a Residential leak today. Pumped in 250 lbs of Nitro for 30 minutes, pulled down to 170 in 40 minutes, recharged and felt reasonably confident,but told the Customer, ain't no guarantees in a 15 year old system. But," I think we got that Wicked Pisser!"

9. R2D2-TX

R2D2-TX New Member

She purchased a new system and is very satisfied with our job.
    She did admit she learned her lesson..

Zman likes this.
  10. Zman

Zman Hanging by a Thread

Honesty Pays off! Who would of thunk it?

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    R2D2-TX likes this.
  11. knave

knave Out for a rip

Yep, you are :D :p

12. Chuck

Chuck The Other Dude

Next time I'm at one, I should tell the manager I have to empty all the cases and soap bubble everything, then pull a 300 micron vacuum on the whole system. Might take a few days, but hey, it's not my money :lachen:

13. mike1020

mike1020 entitled millennial

Just don't do it at Festival

14. Catpower

Catpower The Crowd Pleaser

Zman and R2D2-TX like this.
  15. jamesyarbrough

jamesyarbrough Amateur Gynecologist

i ran the call back today. it blew the charge. even though i told him several times to change the Schrader cores he didnt. there was also a leak on the suction line drier he installed. he also left the bullet drier in the condensing unit. (why? you had the compressor out? pull that pos?)

condensate line was clogged up as well. again he was supposed to clear it as too.

dude wtf? just dont even try or give a shit at all? wtf is wrong with here?