1. Welcome to Hvacproforums, an interactive community exclusively for HVAC professionals. The collective years of HVAC experience and the knowledge our forum members share make this an invaluable resource for those in the HVAC industry. We have a lot of fun, but make no mistake, we are pros. Hvacproforums is self supporting ...there are NO advertisers here. Do-it-yourselfers and Homeowners are encouraged to seek information elsewhere. Those involved in the HVAC industry are urged to register. its 100% free and easy, Once registered you will have access to the technical forums, Be sure to click over to the new members forum and introduce yourself after registering!

My Oil Hetaing Furance giving me tough time,.. needs help,...

Discussion in 'Residential' started by rakesh15, Jan 6, 2018.

1. rakesh15

rakesh15 New Member

Problem about my
    Oil heating furnace in my home, By “Carrier”,.. ( makes very loud explosive noises, inside the fire-chamber,.. where the ignition takes place )

Below ( link ) are the pictures of my Home’s Oil / Diesel heating furnace, situated in my basement,… roughly 15+ yrs old,…. Using oil / diesel / no.2 oil,….

Specification of my Oil furnace ( please also see 15 pictures in a link, given below )

Carrier , Model 58HUO85101CA,

Serial :W556606

Bonnet : 85.0000BTU

Furnace No : 731074

DUCANE

Models : DMR-10A, 0.76 GPH

Fuel injector Nozzle : 0.75, 80 degree, B

For last few days, due to the extreme heavy winter in east coast and running a little more,.. it has started making loud explosive kinda noises,….. ( as if, suppose,….you drop a toaster/microwave oven / big - hugh empty tin-can ,…..down the stairs and how loud noises, it makes,.. ) It starts very usual and normal,… ( I played with, reset button..on the motor as well as on unit many times watching all YT videos ) Starts very normal and smooth,…..with no problem,.. but after 2-3 minutes of sound running, it starts making noises like you drop a microwave down the stairs,… same kind of noises,… coming from inside the ignition chamber where fire takes place,… These sounds are not from the fan / elec. motor / pump which are outside ( when you take off the frontal cover ) . No valves are closed,… though I did not do any fuel injector changing or oil filter changing in last 6 years and also used the heater very little too, in last 6 yrs,… . Furnace is just for house-heating (HVAC) and no water- heater work is attaché dto it,..

I am a simple house-hold person and not any technician or craftsman or handyman at all,.. I cant not afford hugh amounts for inspection nor can replace the furnace,…

Can do the tune-up myself at the best,.. I bought fuel injector nozzle,… fule filter,… bleeding plastic tube,.. to do the prime,….

Below are the pictures and specifications,..

I have posted all pictures ( 15 pictures ) here, taken by my Cell.
    https://www.facebook.com/utpal.yadav.1291/posts/168653137237035

It has these kind of construction as per this video… In the center is the Fan, right side the electric motor and Left side the Webster pump,…

I am to plan these, but it will not solve the problem as per my guess,… ( general tune-up )
    1. Will do bleeding / prime of oil pump on the unit and will remove bubbles and air ( till straight jet of fuel appears. Have seen many videos on YT, so am comfortable with this .
    2. Will change oil / fuel filter with 2 small red gaskets and 1 black gasket ting there, have seen many videos on YT, so remain comfortable. Bought from Lowes for around 4 dollars,..
    3. Will take the two electrode and fuel jet nozzle out and will replace with new nozzle and will set the angle and position of electrode straight,.. etc, have seen many YT videos..
    4. Later, if needed, can open the pump’s cover and a small filer inside can be cleaned,.. // risky though, of finding and replacing the gaskets though and leaving more air bubble sin line,..
    Can anyone assist with, what is making those sounds as if a big( hugh ) empty,.. tin can/box you drop it down the stairs,…

No obvious sound is coming from the motor or bearing or pump , out of shaft,.. but it’s from within the fire chamber, and I have to stop the furnace after every 2-4 minutes, Coz I feel like it will explode like a bomb,.. Is it due to incomplete combustion / air in line / electrode out of angle broken / bent./ loosened ? Any idea,… ?

Thanks.

[​IMG]

2. Zman

Zman Hanging by a Thread

I have yet to drop a toaster/microwave oven down the stairs,so I cannot replicate the noise you are hearing. But I would try Fuel injector cleaner. Best of luck.

3. coldsnap

coldsnap -20 on the money

I'd start with replacing the thermostat.

4. HMD

HMD does it matter?

tweak the turbo modulator

5. Bustawrench

Bustawrench Knucklehead

Sounds like a bad retention head.

mike1020 likes this.
  6. crackertech

crackertech assholiness *

Hope you like ice fishing :D

7. Jon

Jon Team Canada

Needs more freon

8. Catpower

Catpower The Crowd Pleaser

You need a ............... ...........................................................

R2D2-TX and Zman like this.
  9. Joeysmith

Joeysmith New Member

Sounds like you should take better care of all your appliances

Zman likes this.
  10. Zman

Zman Hanging by a Thread

It's only a Controlled Fire within an Occupied Structure,that Has Potential Fatal Consequences if allowed to Burn erratically!!! Don't Sweat it, Amateur it! :eek:

11. mike1020

mike1020 entitled millennial

Call Petro

pecmsg likes this.
  12. Sdeery

Sdeery Machinist in training

Here is my advice, Don't mess with the little red button. An explanation follows:

sdeery

13. coldsnap

coldsnap -20 on the money

He should get a dual exhaust put on

Chuck likes this.
  14. Zman

Zman Hanging by a Thread

Been there, done that, don't miss it!

15. Bustawrench

Bustawrench Knucklehead

Lol.

Those guys are a bunch of hammers around here.

16. flange

flange Act like you care and do SOMETHING!!

any chance its the draft reg banging due to a sooted up heat exchanger

17. MOFO the psychic gorilla

MOFO the psychic gorilla sitting on two achers

18. Zman

Zman Hanging by a Thread

Around Here,they Grew from buying up all the small companies. Ended up with different groups of employees from each,not trusting one other.Then when they went Union, the fighting over Seniority got worse. Good People,good techs(some),poor management,lots of infighting,bad Atmosphere. And then Customers started looking elsewhere. Bigger isn't always better. Getting let Go after the Heating Season a few years back, ended up being A Good thing, I just didn't know it at the time!

Bustawrench and Catpower like this.
  19. R2D2-TX

R2D2-TX New Member

My head is giving me a tough time after reading the OP... it’s like a running washing machine falling up a flight of metal stairs...

Zman likes this.
  20. RyanSmith58

RyanSmith58 New Member

Try replacing the thermostat. That might be the problem