1. Welcome to Hvacproforums, an interactive community exclusively for HVAC professionals. The collective years of HVAC experience and the knowledge our forum members share make this an invaluable resource for those in the HVAC industry. We have a lot of fun, but make no mistake, we are pros. Hvacproforums is self supporting ...there are NO advertisers here. Do-it-yourselfers and Homeowners are encouraged to seek information elsewhere. Those involved in the HVAC industry are urged to register. its 100% free and easy, Once registered you will have access to the technical forums, Be sure to click over to the new members forum and introduce yourself after registering!

Need help with ADP Temperature!!

Discussion in 'Commercial' started by Dijinero, Oct 4, 2017.

1. newtech

newtech 636

Because the APR Control allows the system to operate down to 35% of the total capacity, and permits the evaporator coil to stay below the dew point in dehumidifying mode, the system will keep the humidity levels low without the addition of electric reheat.

2. flange

flange Act like you care and do SOMETHING!!

great, but it also cools the airstream and overcools the room. the effect rawal has is constant compressor operation while in dehum mode. I have 23 medical buildings with rawal under contract. the engineers believed this too. it doesn't work out that way, it results in cold dry spaces. we have gone and retrofitted some with electric reheat, and more are on order.

the electric reheat isn't for humidity control, its for space temp.

mike1020 and newtech like this.
  3. Rather B Riding

Rather B Riding Behind bars

Yes after you set off the bouncers car alarm. Wait for him to run out, sneak inside behind him and lock the door behind you.

4. newtech

newtech 636

Ok, I get your point, but the op was asking about a basement not a medical building.

5. flange

great, ever see a basement library in a school about this size where they run cooling all summer without reheat, then come back in august to find moldy books

knave likes this.
  6. NZ All Blacks Fan

NZ All Blacks Fan Just Another swinging Dick

im learning something

7. crackertech

crackertech assholiness *

You can read English?:D:stick:

knave likes this.
  8. Dijinero

Dijinero New Member

I've been using Carrier handbook Volume 1 and another book written by Edward G. Pita for understanding psychrometrics. I'll read this in detail as well. Thanks for sharing!

9. Dijinero

Dijinero New Member

The place will be used for furniture storage. So the cooling load will remain constant as their are no electrical appliances, people or any other sources which may fluctuate the cooling load. Yes, will use a draw through unit. Will keep the reheat suggestion in mind, thanks!

10. flange

With furniture storage, and obviously we don't know where you are located, is there any issue with the space becoming too dry? For example, in winter if you are just heating and using a bit of outside air/infiltration, you could see low humidity in the space in cold climates. Furniture doesn't like that much, especially if good wood stuff. You might consider adding some moisture back in the space. If in warm climate, it doesn't matter.

newtech and Zman like this.