1. Welcome to Hvacproforums, an interactive community exclusively for HVAC professionals. The collective years of HVAC experience and the knowledge our forum members share make this an invaluable resource for those in the HVAC industry. We have a lot of fun, but make no mistake, we are pros. Hvacproforums is self supporting ...there are NO advertisers here. Do-it-yourselfers and Homeowners are encouraged to seek information elsewhere. Those involved in the HVAC industry are urged to register. its 100% free and easy, Once registered you will have access to the technical forums, Be sure to click over to the new members forum and introduce yourself after registering!

"Need to order part"

Discussion in 'Commercial' started by 22blood, Jun 3, 2017.

1. 22blood

22blood red wire nuts only

Annoying cop out so you can just go make rounds with customers expecting you. What happened to fixing the unit when they call. If you have to get a part go pick it up. Be done with it

2. mike1020

mike1020 entitled millennial

It's hit and miss.

A lot of times if you need something that's an OEM part there's nowhere around here you could drive to and pick it up.

3. 22blood

22blood red wire nuts only

I agree, I was on a panini warmer that needed a neon switch, my truck stock switch was about an 1/8" too big. So I ran to the nerdy ham radio store to get a switch.
    Dispatch called and gave me a little gruff. Why would i return Monday for a switch, the customer wanted it to run this weekend?

Daryl_Dixon likes this.
  4. Catpower

Catpower The Crowd Pleaser

If you want to see a real cluster **** work for Kohler as their warranty rep, I did N texas/So Oklahoma, some calls were over 8 hours of windshield time, but they would let me carry any stock on my truck, I would have to order every part in, and when I got it make the trip again, but they paid like a slot machine, and windshield time is easy, but a lot of the time it was just an air switch that was a buck or two

And them and Carrier thinks Houston/Pasadena is in N Texas, and Ok city was in southern Oklahoma

22blood likes this.
  5. Daryl_Dixon

Daryl_Dixon New Member

Office people live in another world.

A fantasy world.

Where they are super important.

LemonWizard and Bustawrench like this.
  6. Zman

Zman Hanging by a Thread

The Office Fantasy World:Everything is easily accessible,customers are always home to greet you at the Door,ladders are never necessary,no traffic,the weather always cooperates,you have all the parts needed,you know everything about anything, instant diagnosis,shouldn't take long,customers never complain,your phone never rings when your hands are tied,you don't need to eat lunch or take a break and your not tired from being on call and running on 2 hours sleep!:crap:

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
  7. Catpower

Catpower The Crowd Pleaser

Man you are making me want to get out of retirement and back to work:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Zman and Texas-Tech like this.
  8. Valleycoastjoshua

Valleycoastjoshua New Member

Yeah but who cares it's just business, priority mean anything?