1. Welcome to Hvacproforums, an interactive community exclusively for HVAC professionals. The collective years of HVAC experience and the knowledge our forum members share make this an invaluable resource for those in the HVAC industry. We have a lot of fun, but make no mistake, we are pros. Hvacproforums is self supporting ...there are NO advertisers here. Do-it-yourselfers and Homeowners are encouraged to seek information elsewhere. Those involved in the HVAC industry are urged to register. its 100% free and easy, Once registered you will have access to the technical forums, Be sure to click over to the new members forum and introduce yourself after registering!

New Dishwasher

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Texas-Tech, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Texas-Tech

Texas-Tech Official Geezer*

We have been wanting to replace our dishwasher, an old Kitchenaid, still working also. Bought one from Melinda's son who works for Lowes while he is going to Texas A&M. Got a good deal on a Whirlpool for 300 bucks.
    I put that in 2 weekends ago and it wouldn't work, no circulation inside the machine. Over the course of the weekend I put that mf in 3 times trying to figger out wtf. Took it out and put the old one back in, cleaned it up and off we went.
    Took the new one back yesterday and he got us a Kitchenaid for 292 $, sold for 899. Long story short I just put it in an hour ago and it seems to be doing the exact same thing. Now I have to question what the ****. Is it possible the polarity of the power is wrong somewhere up the line, the black really isn't power but neutral? The old one had no fancy controls like the new ones do.
    And yes it's a new water line and everything.
    I'm not happy
    :shots:

2. Chuck

Chuck SSP

How many volts between neutral and ground?

3. coldsnap

coldsnap -20 on the money

I guess you could try swapping the wires. I just put a dishwasher in a few weeks ago. It was a ge that was super fancy

4. Texas-Tech

Never really put the meter on it but I'm gonna get back under it right now and find out.

5. knave

knave Undeterred

I’ve been stung by the new fill line having the flood prevention breakaway valve, which slams shut when you first turn on the water.

coldsnap likes this.
  6. coldsnap

I had a no ice call on a customer installed machine that had one of those "flood safe" water lines that stopped working.

mike1020 likes this.
  7. Chuck

Chuck SSP

Never heard of it, learn something new every day. Can you reset it or do you have to buy a new hose?

8. coldsnap

It has a check valve like thing that supposidly closes when it senses too much flow, like if the line were to burst

9. coldsnap

Heres a pdf

Attached Files:

Chuck likes this.
  10. knave

knave Undeterred

It’s a pain. You have to shut off the feed valve, and crack the fitting to release the pressure that’s built up behind the safety valve

11. coldsnap

Or rip the fugger out and put a regular water line in like I do.

mike1020, jpb2 and HMD like this.
  12. Texas-Tech

123v on the black zero from neutral to gnd. I did forget to screw the box with the gnd back to the frame so lets see what happens this time.

coldsnap likes this.
  13. Texas-Tech

That's the hose I bought but it seems fine cuz it fills up with water but just don't circulate it inside.

14. knave

knave Undeterred

Yes, definitely avoid them, but I think I did reset it and gave it another go. MENARDS for ya.

15. pecmsg

pecmsg Junior my ASS

Call a professional.

16. knave

knave Undeterred

(574) 316-2:D:p:eek:

Zman likes this.
  17. Texas-Tech

:lachen:I don't think so cuz I Am the pro around here.:lachen:

Zman likes this.
  18. knave

knave Undeterred

Give it some more time. Maybe it takes awhile to kick on and start “scrubbing”

19. tuna

tuna New Member

I replaced mine today....what a pain in the azz. Maybe it has a delay in it. I was surprised how quite the new one is.

20. HMD

HMD does it matter?

we bought a whirlpool dish washer from menards about 6 months ago. it works.
    threw a battery powered water detector behind the floor trim piece.
    wife calls last week, water on the floor.
    seems the hose connector loosened, and dripped directly on the bastard, killing the electronic board.
    :damnit: