1. Welcome to Hvacproforums, an interactive community exclusively for HVAC professionals. The collective years of HVAC experience and the knowledge our forum members share make this an invaluable resource for those in the HVAC industry. We have a lot of fun, but make no mistake, we are pros. Hvacproforums is self supporting ...there are NO advertisers here. Do-it-yourselfers and Homeowners are encouraged to seek information elsewhere. Those involved in the HVAC industry are urged to register. its 100% free and easy, Once registered you will have access to the technical forums, Be sure to click over to the new members forum and introduce yourself after registering!

New furnace suggestions

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by MNHVAC, Feb 5, 2018.

1. MNHVAC

MNHVAC Man on a mission

Good point.

2. MNHVAC

MNHVAC Man on a mission

It does run and still operates as designed. The flue trap leaks a little, the inducer looks like it's 30 years old, but is quiet, and there's a little rust on the cabinet shelf. Burners look decent but where the flames go into the HX is rusting out. So....I'm on the fence.

3. MNHVAC

MNHVAC Man on a mission

4. pecmsg

pecmsg Junior my ASS

Wood burning stove........

Us old fat basterds need the exercise!

Zman and Snoring Beagle like this.
  5. Chuck

Chuck SSP

I see what you did there. Lol

6. Catpower

Catpower The Crowd Pleaser

DONUTS:headscratch:

Zman, Jon, Chuck and 1 other person like this.
  7. jamesyarbrough

jamesyarbrough Amateur Gynecologist

I like Bryant. Might as well change the whole system. Go with an evolution 2 speed system.

Joeysmith likes this.
  8. MNHVAC

MNHVAC Man on a mission

Nice. Did a load calc today in class. Gonna be looking for a 60btu/93-96% just gotta figure out what brand I wanna go with. Probably going to be whoever has better warranty and parts availability.

9. Catpower

Catpower The Crowd Pleaser

If you want the best, go with Carrier:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

mike1020 likes this.
  10. Snoring Beagle

Snoring Beagle Need Little - Want Less - Love More

Hear Hear!!

MNHVAC likes this.
  11. doc havoc

doc havoc A cunning linguist

Oldie but a goodie.
    [​IMG]

Jay 41 and Catpower like this.
  12. pecmsg

pecmsg Junior my ASS

A MOPAR I would have never thought.

Excellent!

13. newtech

newtech 636

The Rheem dealer here says, that he can't keep enough pd switches on the shelf. Dropping like flies. :dunno::dunno:

14. flange

flange Act like you care and do SOMETHING!!

I hear nothing but horror stories about the differential pressure switches on ANYTHING condensing these days. for that reason, i would buy a brand that my favorite wholesaler sells and supports. I would also buy an extra pressure switch or two( depending upon model).

I hear the brand story a lot. I have been to York where they made York, coleman and luxaire right next to each other. They are literally the same unit( or at least they were then). I heat tons of guys talk about payne ( either they are a payne in the ass, or they are carrier equal). Well, i put a payne scratch and dent unit in way back in 1999 in my own home. it works as directed all these years later. So well, in fact that I'm afraid to mess with it, but perhaps ill treat it to some new capacitors this year ?

15. jpb2

jpb2 Dog Tard *

I havent seen that.

16. jpb2

jpb2 Dog Tard *

Whatever you choose RTFM and do what it says. I promise that will help you avoid issues. :)

doc havoc likes this.
  17. jamesyarbrough

jamesyarbrough Amateur Gynecologist

We literally don't have any problems from carrier furnaces. Except finding cracked heat exchangers on some of the early 2000 models. I hate the old heil an comfortmakers with smart valves....or anything with a smart valve for that matter

18. Joeysmith

Joeysmith New Member

I'd second the Payne. We have installed several for slum lords never have gave much trouble even when we slap them on crappy ductwork. I've been really impressed with how quiet their condensers are. Actually quieter than some of the Bryant stuff we install.

19. Zman

Zman Hanging by a Thread

Supply Duct is too small.:D

doc havoc likes this.
  20. Zman

Zman Hanging by a Thread

Bumper to Bumper Warranty.