1. Welcome to Hvacproforums, an interactive community exclusively for HVAC professionals. The collective years of HVAC experience and the knowledge our forum members share make this an invaluable resource for those in the HVAC industry. We have a lot of fun, but make no mistake, we are pros. Hvacproforums is self supporting ...there are NO advertisers here. Do-it-yourselfers and Homeowners are encouraged to seek information elsewhere. Those involved in the HVAC industry are urged to register. its 100% free and easy, Once registered you will have access to the technical forums, Be sure to click over to the new members forum and introduce yourself after registering!

New guy

Discussion in 'New members' started by Eddie1369, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Joeysmith

Joeysmith New Member

Not 100% sure but if the flow is backwards on a solenoid valve the pressure going through it backwards tries to close the valve. The coil on the valve has to fight that pressure to keep the valve open so you don't get full flow.

2. crackertech

crackertech assholiness *

No

3. mike1020

mike1020 entitled millennial

Liquid line solenoid installed backwards can play out in a few different scenarios.

4. Chuck

Chuck SSP

I’ve seen a reversing valve installed backwards...

I may know the guy who did it

It might have been me but nobody has any proof

Zman, crackertech and doc havoc like this.
  5. John L Patrick

John L Patrick New Member

Can anyone verify if a Carrier 25HCD (comfort series carrier) heat pump is set up to have the reversing valve energized for cooling ?
    I have a very suspicious complaint that I have not serviced yet where in heating mode it is reported that the Outside Temperature monitor reading is consistently above ambient by about 10-15 degrees and the energy consumption seems very high. I looked in the Carrier installation manual but no mention on reverse valve convention. I have seen Trane systems with reversing valve energized for heating but I rarely work on Carrier.

6. doc havoc

doc havoc A cunning linguist

Instead of hijacking somebody elses thread, you would do well to follow the site instructions. Start a new member thread, introduce yourself, tell us where you are and what you do in the trade. Plus any other information you deem important. Then, start your own thread and I'm sure several people will help.

crackertech and sline-dawg like this.
  7. pecmsg

pecmsg Junior my ASS

Put a Nest on it!

8. Zman

Zman Hanging by a Thread

Yes, Anyone Can Verify it!

9. Zman

Zman Hanging by a Thread

Oh((O),I do (B)- leive,the verification is in the Wiring Diagram. Or(ange), I BBB Bet some one BLUE it,when it got wired.