1. Welcome to Hvacproforums, an interactive community exclusively for HVAC professionals. The collective years of HVAC experience and the knowledge our forum members share make this an invaluable resource for those in the HVAC industry. We have a lot of fun, but make no mistake, we are pros. Hvacproforums is self supporting ...there are NO advertisers here. Do-it-yourselfers and Homeowners are encouraged to seek information elsewhere. Those involved in the HVAC industry are urged to register. its 100% free and easy, Once registered you will have access to the technical forums, Be sure to click over to the new members forum and introduce yourself after registering!

New member....here is my rap sheet....

Discussion in 'New members' started by Ray3801, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Ray3801

Ray3801 New Member

Started in the trade as an install helper about 18 years ago doing all manner of residential and light commercial HVAC including ductwork. Only took a few years of that to figure out I wanted to be in a service van. So i studied my ass off reading everything i could find online, equipment manuals, and attending any free dealer provided training. Made the leap into service work and did that for 15 years at the same company I was doing install work. After topping out at that company I made the leap to large facility HVAC mechanic. Boy was I in for a surprise....I had become so comfortable and cocky in my service world, I didnt know just how much I didnt know hahaha. I scored at job working for a satellite campus of a major university that does marine research. Its actually 2 campus's about a 10 min. drive from each other. I am the only one on staff that does the HVAC and we have screw chillers, scroll chillers, VFDs, water cooled chillers with cooling towers, VAVs, Diakin VRF systems, Siemens building automation, etc....So once again I'm back to reading everything I can get my hands on and I'm loving the challenge of learning all these new systems. Ive been at the new jobs for 2 years now and am just getting my head wrapped around all these new systems but have re-lit that feeling I had when I got into residential service....Im like a bloodhound on the hunt for knowledge again! Look forward to getting to know you guys and gals.

2. Jon

Jon Team Canada

3. jamesyarbrough

jamesyarbrough Amateur Gynecologist

4. crackertech

crackertech assholiness *

:welcome:And I know nothing :D

5. doc havoc

doc havoc A cunning linguist

:welcome: I hope you brought beer?

6. chucko615

chucko615 Banned camp counselor

Welcome.....................I know people who know people that have screwed chillers

7. Ray3801

Ray3801 New Member

I get to set my tool bag next to a screw chiller....havent worked up the nerve to try anything yet hahaha

8. crackertech

Child’s play. :D

Jon likes this.
  9. Ray3801

Ray3801 New Member

Yeah its a Trane RTAC 170 ton....I got them to send me to the class in Wisconsin last October that Trane does. Ive done some other things with the machine like the VFD conversion from the circuit board drives to the actual drives. But as far as working on the screw itself, im a little leary

10. crackertech

Don’t be a chicken jump in head first

Jon likes this.
  11. crackertech

We got your back here

12. Ray3801

Ray3801 New Member

Good to know!! I have to say I have been a member of another HVAC forum i wont mention for years and you fellas seem very level headed compared to the "other" place. Glad I found this place

mike1020 likes this.
  13. crackertech

Would that be Hvac talk ?

14. Zman

Zman Hanging by a Thread

I know HVAC People that have longer Rap Sheets than yours, yet they always have been employed. :D:welcome:

15. coldsnap

coldsnap -20 on the money

Ch 3
    :chairshot:

16. coldsnap

coldsnap -20 on the money

Op welcome aboard

17. HMD

HMD does it matter?

boy-o-boy is HE in for a surprise

Jon likes this.
  18. Catpower

Catpower The Crowd Pleaser

19. Ray3801

Ray3801 New Member

thanks for the welcome guys.....Im sure there are a few know it alls over here too, but first impressions are much better.

20. pecmsg

pecmsg Junior my ASS

:lachen: :dancenana: :fairyfight: :stick: :lol: :pbj: :lachen: :dancenana: :fairyfight: :stick: :lol: :pbj: :lachen: :dancenana: :fairyfight: :stick: :lol: :pbj: :lachen: :dancenana: :fairyfight: :stick: :lol: :pbj: :lachen: :dancenana: :fairyfight: :stick: :lol: :pbj: :lachen: :dancenana: :fairyfight: :stick: :lol: :pbj:
    Now that There Shit is Funny!

and :welcome:

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
    Zman likes this.