1. Welcome to Hvacproforums, an interactive community exclusively for HVAC professionals. The collective years of HVAC experience and the knowledge our forum members share make this an invaluable resource for those in the HVAC industry. We have a lot of fun, but make no mistake, we are pros. Hvacproforums is self supporting ...there are NO advertisers here. Do-it-yourselfers and Homeowners are encouraged to seek information elsewhere. Those involved in the HVAC industry are urged to register. its 100% free and easy, Once registered you will have access to the technical forums, Be sure to click over to the new members forum and introduce yourself after registering!

Discussion in 'New members' started by Tech56, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Tech56

Tech56 New Member

Hello all,
    I’m an HVAC tech. I hold an EPA 608 universal certification. I have been a field tech since 2006 and I am currently doing Service in the Alaska oil field. I look forward to reading all the posts and learning from all of you!! I hope I can contribute to the conversation from time to time to earn my keep!!

2. Jon

Jon Team Canada

:welcome:
    Traveling Alaska is on my bucket list

Zman likes this.
  3. pecmsg

pecmsg Junior my ASS

4. Jay 41

Jay 41 Whole-ass

Welcome to the site.

5. Tech56

Tech56 New Member

It’s amazing! My wife and I spent a week between Homer and Seward. The fishing is spectacular!! You don’t want to tour where we work tho lol flat with no trees for a hundred miles ...

6. Tech56

Tech56 New Member

Has anyone here ever gone to a hotel with your family in the summer and the AC wasn’t working? I’ve never been on the customer side of that service call before. It sucks! Told the front desk two mornings in a row that it wasn’t working and when we returned this evening and it was 83 in the room and very humid.. went to front desk and told a third person, who called maintenance for the second time to try to get it fixed. They brought another PTAC and switched it out. This one is louder than hell but it cools so whatever. Not my circus not my monkey..

However it does explain some of the bad attitudes I’ve come across when doing service calls at hotels in the past. Wish I knew why it took two and a half days for maintenance to arrive...

7. MNHVAC

MNHVAC Man on a mission

Welcome

8. VTP99

VTP99 Old New Stock

9. doc havoc

doc havoc A cunning linguist

:welcome: I hope you brought beer?

10. Zman

Zman Hanging by a Thread

What kinda Service work is there in the Alaska Oil Field? Sounds Interesting! and :welcome:

11. coldsnap

coldsnap -20 on the money

Welcome aboard

12. crackertech

crackertech assholiness *

:welcome:And I know nothing :D

13. chucko615

chucko615 Banned camp counselor

Welcome. . . . . . I know people who know people that know the oil patch

14. R2D2-TX

R2D2-TX New Member

Welcome to our house ✌️

15. Texas-Tech

Texas-Tech Official Geezer*

Welcome
    My neighbor is up on the northern coast right now, in the oil business. Screw that

16. jamesyarbrough

jamesyarbrough Amateur Gynecologist

welcome. I have often daydreamed of blowing this shit off and moving to Alaska. All that dark turns me off tho

17. icy78

icy78 New Member

Hey there. I lived outside Anchorage in the 90s. Flew to numerous villages in the north. Nunapachuck?
    Badami oilfield. Kotzebue. Bethel. Dead Horse.... that's a beauty eh! Nome. Barrow. Valdez, Attu, Adak, St George, ha ha, I stood on the pipeline out between Fairbanks and some place advertising, " you're passing the last gas"
    Dang, there's a lot of memories flooding back! I didn't do oilfield work but the pipeline riches got me to Ak. Then I became a commercial fisherman instead.
    I'm rambling I guess.
    Live in the lower 48 now. Love to go back but it's heavily built up where I used to live.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

18. Tech56

Tech56 New Member

I work on a natural gas facility and take care of the Heating and plumbing in the camp and support buildings as well as the A/C for the server rooms and comm center. I also am charged with taking care of the A/C in the comm tower we have at the Badami site.

19. Zman

Zman Hanging by a Thread

Sounds Awesome... except the Camp Plumbing Part! :eek:

20. Joeysmith

Joeysmith New Member

Take some good plumbing to keep up with a bunch of ruffnecks no doubt.