1. Welcome to Hvacproforums, an interactive community exclusively for HVAC professionals. The collective years of HVAC experience and the knowledge our forum members share make this an invaluable resource for those in the HVAC industry. We have a lot of fun, but make no mistake, we are pros. Hvacproforums is self supporting ...there are NO advertisers here. Do-it-yourselfers and Homeowners are encouraged to seek information elsewhere. Those involved in the HVAC industry are urged to register. its 100% free and easy, Once registered you will have access to the technical forums, Be sure to click over to the new members forum and introduce yourself after registering!

New meter

Discussion in 'Tools and Test Equip' started by Texas-Tech, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Chuck

Chuck SSP

Does it seem to be accurate?

2. Texas-Tech

Texas-Tech Official Geezer*

So far, but in fairness I haven’t used it a lot. The resistance only measures out to kilohmes not megaohms so I’ve been carrying my FP640.

3. Texas-Tech

It’s also rated for 1000 volts Cat III

4. crackertech

crackertech assholiness *

That’s for damn sure found that out the hard way years ago

Zman likes this.
  5. MOFO the psychic gorilla

MOFO the psychic gorilla sitting on two achers

Read a couple reviews that said the non grounded doesn't work too well but grounding one lead and not breaking or digging into boxes seems like no big deal. Looks really cool.

6. Jon

Jon Team Canada

I got me a new meter today too
    IMG_1112.JPG

Chuck likes this.
  7. Texas-Tech

Bought that about 3 weeks ago, one of the ports broke off on my other one, they were plastic.