1. Welcome to Hvacproforums, an interactive community exclusively for HVAC professionals. The collective years of HVAC experience and the knowledge our forum members share make this an invaluable resource for those in the HVAC industry. We have a lot of fun, but make no mistake, we are pros. Hvacproforums is self supporting ...there are NO advertisers here. Do-it-yourselfers and Homeowners are encouraged to seek information elsewhere. Those involved in the HVAC industry are urged to register. its 100% free and easy, Once registered you will have access to the technical forums, Be sure to click over to the new members forum and introduce yourself after registering!

Not a prodigy

Discussion in 'Refrigeration' started by 404eh, Aug 24, 2017.

1. 404eh

404eh New Member

Anyone have short freeze cycles due to water temperature so they needed to adjust the Harvest flush time so that a new Reservoir can be filled giving warmer water temp?
    This is a Scotsman Prodigy

2. knave

knave Undeterred

Ice thickness good?

3. coldsnap

coldsnap -20 on the money

Is it the cm3 board? What temp is the water coming in? Air or water cooled machine?

4. 404eh

404eh New Member

You het a 20 min batch at first run, than 5 minutes in from there out. Dump valve only energizes at harvest for like 3 secs. There is an adjustment to make it a longer dump I just didn't think about it until I left all I did was clean the freaking machine

Air cooled

5. 404eh

404eh New Member

I think super cold same Reservoir water splashes against the bridge sensor causing an early Harvest because my first run with an empty Reservoir you get a perfect batch

6. 404eh

404eh New Member

Especially since the pump cuts out a lot

7. LemonWizard

LemonWizard Blinky Lights Wizard

Ice thickness sensors operate with conductivity, water flowing on the surface of the ice completes a circuit between the paddle and the chassis.

Temperature shouldn't have any influence on this process.

8. LemonWizard

Then again it is a scotsman so they could have decided to reinvent the wheel again.

9. 404eh

404eh New Member

Right it builds a bridge very quickly though. Usually I expect ice to form around 0 degrees not within minutes

10. LemonWizard

The water should freeze in the cups before it does on ridges still. Flow pattern issue?

The coldest the water can be is 32, maybe evap is too cold at start of cycle at it is flash freezing?

You could test if it is something to do with water temperature by setting it up to the point that you know it will make good ice for at least 1 cycle then pouring ice water in the trough instead of letting it fill with tap water.

knave likes this.