1. Welcome to Hvacproforums, an interactive community exclusively for HVAC professionals. The collective years of HVAC experience and the knowledge our forum members share make this an invaluable resource for those in the HVAC industry. We have a lot of fun, but make no mistake, we are pros. Hvacproforums is self supporting ...there are NO advertisers here. Do-it-yourselfers and Homeowners are encouraged to seek information elsewhere. Those involved in the HVAC industry are urged to register. its 100% free and easy, Once registered you will have access to the technical forums, Be sure to click over to the new members forum and introduce yourself after registering!

Oops maybe I should have asked you guys

Discussion in 'Commercial' started by Rather B Riding, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Daryl_Dixon

Daryl_Dixon New Member

Should be 10 when you look at the stats.

A "whoops, shoelace, trip, stumble, dust off" typically covers about 10 feet.

2. Zman

Zman Hanging by a Thread

No regulations gonna save you when your working on a College Campus and your mind is Pre occupied with what's walking around down there! :oops:

coldsnap, crackertech and Catpower like this.
  3. Daryl_Dixon

Daryl_Dixon New Member

Years back, we had a senior technician who had the constant praise of management and corporate. And in truth, he was one hell of a technician. I'm glad to have been trained by him. He worked for the company with a spotless record for 37 years. Apparently, as those with a little more seniority than I knew, he only had one blemish on his record. It seems that, many years back, he inexplicably drove his workvan directly into a light pole in a gas station parking lot at about 20 mph. What was even more odd was that he didn't even hit the breaks. Apparently...he saw a very, very pretty girl (or so the story goes). :D

4. Catpower

Catpower The Crowd Pleaser

I had that happen on a 100 hp Trane reman, I was going to check the oil pressure, and the flare cap didn't have that much resistance unscrewing with my fingers, then ka ****ing blooey it blew the cap across the roof, being a dedicated idiot I tried to plug the hole with my thumb, I was already douched with pretty warm oil, and I stood there for a minute and said **** we are going to need to drag 7 more drums of 22 on the roof, I pulled my thumb and ran and killed the disconnect

Man that pissed me off

5. pecmsg

pecmsg Junior my ASS

There’s no schrader in there:D

6. Catpower

There could have been:boid::boid::boid: But there wasn't

pecmsg likes this.
  7. Zman

Zman Hanging by a Thread

Blinded By those Beaming Headlights,gets ya everytime! So will Admiring the Body lines on a Newer Model!

Daryl_Dixon likes this.
  8. Bustawrench

Bustawrench Knucklehead

That's what the clipboard warriors at a couple of different factories told me.

Personally, I think it's a crock. Bastards are probably saving 12 cents per unit and the whole UL story is a cover up. But, what do I know?

mike1020 and Rather B Riding like this.
  9. 404eh

404eh New Member

Your valve pins will fly out. Done it...

10. crackertech

crackertech assholiness *

That’s why you have another set on hand right beside you......:chairshot:

Rather B Riding likes this.
  11. LemonWizard

LemonWizard Blinky Lights Wizard

Was going through start up in a market and took a cap off a suction line in bakery case. Schrader core went sailing clear to the decking and who knows where after that as the rack was running. Only person there was me and the lady cleaning the bakery. Good times.

12. Catpower

UL and ETL can be real dickheads about shit, when I was building the VAV boxes I had to put a 3 amp fuse and holder to protect the transformer, the fuse and holder were $6 the transformers were $3, makes a lot of sense, and there was no way it could have been for fire protection the transformer was in a steel box

The royal hose job is for even a simple UL label costs about $20,000

13. knave

knave Undeterred

You didn’t even mention wire nuts

Catpower likes this.
  14. Anita sannich

Anita sannich Exceptionally average

If
    If you have a warning line and designated safety monitor its 6 feet, otherwise, distance don't matter, you're a dope on a rope. What kills me is the "safe" height of the walls went from 36" to 39" simply because generally, people are getting taller

15. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak New Member

And somewhere there's a guy bragging about the time he sold some smart fellow a sticker for $19,995. Lol

Zach

Catpower, knave and Daryl_Dixon like this.
  16. Daryl_Dixon

Daryl_Dixon New Member

:lachen:

17. Zman

Zman Hanging by a Thread

And Fatter!

18. Zman

Zman Hanging by a Thread

...and Dumber!

19. Catpower

When I was working at Union Carbide any time you were over 6 feet in the air you had to wear a safety belt and tie off somewhere. I one time said yeah this thing will really save my life, it might save my life but I will be paralyzed by falling 10 feet and then the belt can snap my back

They then got harnesses, sometimes it pays you to shut up:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Anita sannich likes this.
  20. Daryl_Dixon

Daryl_Dixon New Member

Now it's anything over 4 feet in the air