1. Welcome to Hvacproforums, an interactive community exclusively for HVAC professionals. The collective years of HVAC experience and the knowledge our forum members share make this an invaluable resource for those in the HVAC industry. We have a lot of fun, but make no mistake, we are pros. Hvacproforums is self supporting ...there are NO advertisers here. Do-it-yourselfers and Homeowners are encouraged to seek information elsewhere. Those involved in the HVAC industry are urged to register. its 100% free and easy, Once registered you will have access to the technical forums, Be sure to click over to the new members forum and introduce yourself after registering!

RBI futera fusion xlf with lockout issues

Discussion in 'Commercial' started by refrigerationtech, Oct 21, 2017.

1. refrigerationtech

refrigerationtech Nut Case!

I went to a new install. 2 yr old boilers. one down cause previous contractor decided to run away with its 7800 controller and also has pump leakage issues. They told the customer they needed it to go reprogram it which i find odd. The second is running. They say they have had flame failure issues but of course non really tell me enough info. So I put on my Honeywell display and go to the diagnostics and find out that fault cycle 6048 and fault hours 5845. holly crap they must been hitting reset on this thing for past 2 yrs a lot. Fault code 109 with description of "internal fault". The one that had control missing had its main controller not tapped correctly but this on running at time was ok. they had 202v and tapped it to the 240v giving out the 106v. fixed that and now 125v out.

Now I read someone switched the 120v leads on the transformer and fixed his. thinking was frequencies from the ignition control back feeding the 7800. It has a grounded transformer and I was thinking to maybe put in a 120v to 120vn isolation transformer to supply my voltage to the 7800. I really at lost here cause its new customer and the boiler ran fine when I tested it. so something happening at times. I asked them to now keep a log at what times they experience the lockouts. Delta controlled building so I assume there systems see the fault. being new customer I think they also not being out front with all details.

BTW: people with the main display. I have only used it to check the vdc and alarms. I believe there is more capabilities that it does by allowing it to access the internal software parameters. I like to just know and not change anything other than 1 thing. delete the diagnostic alarms so that any future ones I can read them.

Fault 109 *Call Service*
    Negative cycle test failed, earth ground absent or line voltage phasing improper.
    1. Make sure a good earth ground connection exists at the installation site and all earth ground connections are complete and correct. 2. Make sure the relay module and all loads operate at the same line voltage phase. 3. Reset and sequence the relay module. 4. If the fault persists, replace the relay module

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
  2. flange

flange Act like you care and do SOMETHING!!

3. refrigerationtech

4. flange

flange Act like you care and do SOMETHING!!

probably an internal fault, but make sure your ground is clean before condemning box. don't your suppliers have test rigs up there like ours do. pull box take it to vendor, they plug it in and test. if its hosed, buy new parts and return with them.

5. refrigerationtech

they do, pretty much same thing as unit in reality. I going to see what I can do when I get the other back from the other contractor. I drive it out to the dealer and check. thank you for the help. I still think maybe a ignition control frequency issue causing main controller to fail. but not sure cause lights up fine every time I am there.

6. NZ All Blacks Fan

NZ All Blacks Fan Just Another swinging Dick

7. refrigerationtech

UPDATE: Thanks for the help guys. I happen to fix the issue with the boilers and both had same issue. They both had hidden terminal blocks and one screw on both for some reason was not tighten down leaving a loose connection. I happened to stubble on it. guess manufacturing aint used to be cause was a unit connection block.

mike1020 and knave like this.