1. Welcome to Hvacproforums, an interactive community exclusively for HVAC professionals. The collective years of HVAC experience and the knowledge our forum members share make this an invaluable resource for those in the HVAC industry. We have a lot of fun, but make no mistake, we are pros. Hvacproforums is self supporting ...there are NO advertisers here. Do-it-yourselfers and Homeowners are encouraged to seek information elsewhere. Those involved in the HVAC industry are urged to register. its 100% free and easy, Once registered you will have access to the technical forums, Be sure to click over to the new members forum and introduce yourself after registering!

Rheem problem

Discussion in 'Residential' started by yoop, Dec 20, 2008.

1. yoop

yoop Money talks......but all mine says is "Goodbye"!

RGTA10EZAJS horizontal 90+

flashing 1 flash .....! hour delay or something like that.

My guy checked everything he could when he first got there because it was running when he arrived
    Found nothing and watched it run for 10 minutes
    He was ready to leave when the HO came out and said it was blowing cold air.

The blower was running (not ventor motor). One flash.........he reset it and its been running for 15 minutes now. Anyone know what the one flash means on this unit. If it was the limit why would it wait one hour to retry?

2. yoop

This site needs more northerners! :biggrin:

Too many ac guys!

Got it figured out. Two story dome house and whoever terminated the flue and combustion air pipe, put double ells on both pipes. Impossible to get up on this roof till summer so just leaving the intake off the furnace. Can see a big ball of ice/frost covering the intake on the roof.

3. PSYCHOBILLY

PSYCHOBILLY Blunts, 40's, and Bitches

Havent worked on any of them down here.:lachen:

4. yoop

for some reason frost seems to collect alot quicker when its -22 F. :biggrin:

5. PSYCHOBILLY

PSYCHOBILLY Blunts, 40's, and Bitches

brrrrrrrrrr

6. ISOTHERMAL

ISOTHERMAL senior member

Sorry yoop I'm just now getting here. I can't remember my password for the rheemote site.

7. karsthuntr

karsthuntr Caveman

Iso and yoop you have PM's

8. ISOTHERMAL

ISOTHERMAL senior member

Thanks karsthuntr

9. karsthuntr

karsthuntr Caveman

no problem

10. jpb2

jpb2 Dog Tard *

If you dont get it Yoop call me

11. jpb2

jpb2 Dog Tard *

Now read the post :tard: hope its 3"

12. chucko615

chucko615 Banned camp counselor

Damn, you're good Yoop, it only took you 6 minutes to figure that out.........:thumb:

13. PeterT

PeterT New Member

I was on call last night in the snow storm and the wind was very cold out there. Most of the calls I got where for pressure switch problems. Pipes buried under snow and such.
    One call I went to a York hi efficient was showing a code 6 pressure switch lockout on retrys. I removed the vent pipe off the top of the furnace and started the furnace up to see and it choked out many times with the vent pipe off. So I removed the combustion door and the furnace ran fine. Looked at where the pipes went through the foundation and went outside for a look.
    The company that installed the furnace in October of this year had both the intake and vent side by side with 45s on the end of each pipe. I could not put my fingers inside the intake because of the blockage not from snow but from ice crystals the steam from the vent was being sucked right back into the intake and with the windchill froze the intake shut.
    I went back in the basement and cut the fresh air intake on top of the furnace put the combustion cover back on and the furnace ran fine.
    Caped off the intake for now and moved on to the next call and told them they had to get their vent pipe and intake fixed.

14. Bankey

Bankey I'm Something Else

look at.......High limit and and all other limits.