1. Welcome to Hvacproforums, an interactive community exclusively for HVAC professionals. The collective years of HVAC experience and the knowledge our forum members share make this an invaluable resource for those in the HVAC industry. We have a lot of fun, but make no mistake, we are pros. Hvacproforums is self supporting ...there are NO advertisers here. Do-it-yourselfers and Homeowners are encouraged to seek information elsewhere. Those involved in the HVAC industry are urged to register. its 100% free and easy, Once registered you will have access to the technical forums, Be sure to click over to the new members forum and introduce yourself after registering!

Screwdriver Pet Peeve

Discussion in 'Tools and Test Equip' started by QuickRick, Jun 13, 2017.

1. QuickRick

QuickRick Proud to be a Deplorable

Guys,

I'm as big of a tool whore as any of you and want to share a per peeve that I have with most tool makers as to screwdrivers, the color. When they are in colors, Like Huskys from Lowes for example, the flat tip is red and the Phillips is blue, even cheesy Harbor Freight screwdrivers are in colors.

Why is it that the best ones are all the same color whether they are Phillips or flat tipped? When I'm digging in my tray for a tool, I should be able to ID it from 2 feet away to have to rummage through.

So am I crazy, too demanding or what?

QR
    https://www.toolbarn.com/wera-05018282006.html/

2. pecmsg

pecmsg Junior my ASS

My flat blade screwdriver ends are beat up from hitting with my linesman pliers. That's the only way I can tell the flats from Philips.

R/HVAC, 22blood and ReeferPool like this.
  3. oroy54

oroy54 New Member

I don't know how Philips got it's name, but they had 3 different tips back in my day. They were named Reed &Prince #1, #2 and number 3. Those white people sure can screw some things up.

R/HVAC likes this.
  4. pecmsg

pecmsg Junior my ASS

It was the Women!

5. HMD

HMD does it matter?

6. HMD

HMD does it matter?

and huskies are home crappo, which most are USA made.
    blowes is kobalt, chinese. as are lenox, milwaukee,

7. QuickRick

Yup you are so right about the Home Despot Husky Tools :).

I'm really trying to stay away from foreign made stuff although I haven't never tried the German tools such as Wiha or Knipex etc. I think they may be really fine.

With Sears on the run, soon there won't be a Craftsman around. Kind of sad or if it stays, like at Ace Hardware, they'll end up being being CRINO's or "Craftsman in Name Only".

QR

8. flange

flange Act like you care and do SOMETHING!!

my four in one has a blue handle. my six in one has a yellow handle. I get by.

9. Tap

Tap i hate it when a velociraptor throws poop at me

IDK where Klein makes their 10 n 1 / 11 n 1 but geez they rust if you sweat on them seemingly and those cheesy bit collets or whatever you call em might as well be made of aluminum foil. God forbid you hammer them one time their toast.

ReeferPool likes this.
  10. ReeferPool

ReeferPool Liquid stacker

Not even Klein can make a multi-tool good.

11. frozensolid

frozensolid Psychologist's Dream

German tools are every bit as good as USA at least the ones I have are. Stahlwille is probably the top of German lines. Germany may make some junk but I have yet to see it. But German tools are snap-on or above pricing.

12. Catpower

Catpower The Crowd Pleaser

One time I got a full set of Klein nut runners and screwdrivers, bought them with my counter card, thought I had made a great deal

I hated those ****ers until I lost them all, the handles were all identical except for the ends, that is where they had an out line of the tip, and after short usage that wore off so you had to look at every tip to see what you had

13. QuickRick

Yup Catpower,

Exactly what I'm talking about. While the usual Husky or Craftman brands are boring, ugly pieces at least you instantly know what you are picking up. Painting something on the handle end is very close to useless as well.

QR

14. QuickRick

15. knave

knave Out for a rip

Snap on has different colors available

16. chesty puller

chesty puller New Member

Your just crazy.. ... And suffering from that ..retentive disease.

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

17. QuickRick

Perhaps - I really don't care much for purple jelly beans too