1. Welcome to Hvacproforums, an interactive community exclusively for HVAC professionals. The collective years of HVAC experience and the knowledge our forum members share make this an invaluable resource for those in the HVAC industry. We have a lot of fun, but make no mistake, we are pros. Hvacproforums is self supporting ...there are NO advertisers here. Do-it-yourselfers and Homeowners are encouraged to seek information elsewhere. Those involved in the HVAC industry are urged to register. its 100% free and easy, Once registered you will have access to the technical forums, Be sure to click over to the new members forum and introduce yourself after registering!

sensible cooling capacity

Discussion in 'Refrigeration' started by ibrahim, Nov 7, 2017.

1. ibrahim

ibrahim New Member

Hello every one,

what is is the difference between sensible cooling capacity and total cooling capacity; and what is the use of sensible cooling capacity?

Thanks

2. Zman

Zman Hanging by a Thread

:headscratch:

22blood likes this.
  3. flange

flange Act like you care and do SOMETHING!!

Sensible capacity is one part of the total solution. The other is latent. Figure out both and you have total capacity. Sensible cooling capacity is used for cooling spaces.

ibrahim likes this.
  4. knave

knave Undeterred

Sensible capacity drops the temperature reading.
    Latent capacity lowers the humidity.

Latent btu + sensible btu = total btu

ibrahim likes this.
  5. ibrahim

ibrahim New Member

can you explain more , what you mean with cooling spaces, in the specification of the AC i found sensible!!
    many thanks for your support

6. ibrahim

ibrahim New Member

thanks for your reply
    but what is the use for each of them 1.Latent btu ; 2 sensible btu ;3 total btu

Regards

7. jamesyarbrough

jamesyarbrough Amateur Gynecologist

8. doc havoc

doc havoc A cunning linguist

@ibrahim You NEED to start a new member thread and tell us what you do in the trade. Where you do it and how long you've done it would be nice as well. It's about the only rule we have here. In fact, I'm surprised the mods have let you linger for this long.

9. Chuck

Chuck SSP

They're slackers :D

10. crackertech

crackertech assholiness *

He was warned yesterday

Rather B Riding likes this.
  11. Jon

Jon Team Canada

X2

12. jpb2

jpb2 Dog Tard *

The heat of the meat is directly related to the mass of the ass

Jim54 and Zman like this.
  13. Zman

Zman Hanging by a Thread

I thought the Thermostat did this. :dunno:

14. jamesyarbrough

jamesyarbrough Amateur Gynecologist

So true

15. Rather B Riding

Rather B Riding Behind bars

Like Crackertech said on your other thread "you need to start a new member thread and tell us what you do in the trade." It would help a lot to know more about you and what you do in the HVAC industry.
    Knave explained this perfectly. What more do you need to know? How to calculate latent from the total btu? The difference between the two? ?????

16. Jim54

Jim54 New Member

Of course the angle of the dangle is inverse to the square of the hair times the size of the pair.

jpb2 likes this.
  17. Jim54

Jim54 New Member

Latent BTUs are very helpful in determining just which way that odd cousin of yours doorway really swings.

Sensible BTUs give you enough sense to not go bar hopping with that same odd cousin.

Total BTUs, also referred to as enthalpy, is a term invented decades ago by crew cutted Caucasians in white starched shirts with pocket protectors, slide rules and nomographs, all designed to make you spend years perusing obscure tomes late at night, in the vain hope of determining just that the hell they were talking about.:rolleyes:

18. R/HVAC

R/HVAC selfemployed

I think sens. use to be .72 and now it is .76. They raised the indoor temp. too. in short the new units don't dehumidify as much as they use to. Forgot - total cooling capacity is called (I believe ) total heat.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017